97 GSR Head for 90 LS/VTECH

I just recently bought a 1990 integra GS and was going to do the LS/VTECH but the head that I have is from a b18 gsr engine that let go on the bottom end I was wondering if the head wouold make a difference. I know that I will need a different intake and distributor and pr3 ecu but my question is would the b16 head be any better??? Or would it be the same?

in an ls/vtec conversion, I would reccomend a stock b18c head over a stock b16a head

however, you are doing a ls/vtech conversion. I’ve dont know anyone who’s done that. I wish you luck in breaking new ground in honda motor modification.

:bow:

i heard the b18c head is more agressive on a lsvtec than the b16 head on ls-vtec conversions because it has bigger and more agressive cams. alot of people just dont do the gsr because the gsr head is hard to come by. but it you have it, yes, its better.

I believe if you use the B18c head you will have a higher compression than the B16a, but I have heard that the B16a head flows a bit better. Plus on the Gsr head you have to dual intake for a lower Vtec engagment, plus I believe that you will need to change out the intkae man. to a skunk2 unit to get it to fit into our eninge bays, but don’t quote me on it…

intake manifold

you really dont have to get the skunk2 intake manifold if you dont want to (but you should), because the stock inverted gsr manifold will fit in our engine bay.

If you spell it VTECH, you are not worthy of VTEC.

:D:D

:bow:

who’s got the phone pic? hehe

i just got a new bling dog gsr with some phat rimz and it’s super vtech powered

ok… after seeing some of the responces here… i dont know if i want to help some people out.
but here… if u want to learn more about ls/vtec, then there’s a website that is being dedicated to it… www.lsvtec.org it’s a growing community, about less than 100 people right now. u can check it out, the actual website will be up as soon as it gets some more building… but they have how-to’s and everything there… it’s kinda advanced… but yea, alot of money also. and lsvtec woudlnt be good for throwing a vtec head onto a b18 block, and wa-la , ur done… its alot more work into it… just check out the site if ur interested… i got the whole lsvtec conversion site on my computer before they shut it down, so if ur interested, let me know…

max be nice

he’s asking a legit question and shouldn’t get shot down just because of a spelling mistake.

I still remember the riced out volvo :wink:

Originally posted by tegboi
ok… after seeing some of the responces here… i dont know if i want to help some people out.
but here… if u want to learn more about ls/vtec, then there’s a website that is being dedicated to it… www.lsvtec.org it’s a growing community, about less than 100 people right now. u can check it out, the actual website will be up as soon as it gets some more building… but they have how-to’s and everything there… it’s kinda advanced… but yea, alot of money also. and lsvtec woudlnt be good for throwing a vtec head onto a b18 block, and wa-la , ur done… its alot more work into it… just check out the site if ur interested… i got the whole lsvtec conversion site on my computer before they shut it down, so if ur interested, let me know…

Thanks for the info tegboi I just went to that site and I am interested in the info you have on your computer so If you have a way of sending to me please let me know!!!

emailing u back right now :wink: