anyone have info and pictures of a hydro clutch conversion?

so im in line to buy a b18c5 but i need to change to a hydro clutch im looking to see how a conversion works any help would be great

If I remember correctly you can attach a little device right at the transmission to plug the cable into and it is your “conversion” i remember seeing a thread somewhere on here…:read:

no way sweet thanks i’ll look around

Personally a hydro transmission conversion is at the very bottom of my list of options for your situation. The top two options would be:

1. Procure a YS1 transmission case. Put your ITR gears into said case.

2. Sell your ITR trans. Use money to buy a GSR YS1 transmission. You’ll probably have money left over. Use that to buy a clutch or flywheel. Or dump a little extra into rebuilding the trans if it needs it.

[QUOTE=Colin;2039950]Personally a hydro transmission conversion is at the very bottom of my list of options for your situation. The top two options would be:

1. Procure a YS1 transmission case. Put your ITR gears into said case.

2. Sell your ITR trans. Use money to buy a GSR YS1 transmission. You’ll probably have money left over. Use that to buy a clutch or flywheel. Or dump a little extra into rebuilding the trans if it needs it.[/QUOTE]

I have seen one other option which is to actually have a resovior and run lines to the hydro trans. Do you know if this option is any good? I have seen the one that relocates the resovior down by the pedal assembly but im not sure if anyone has used one.

Come to think of it bro Collins’ idea is much better. Less weight in the long run =) Fluids are heavy

This is true but i was kinda curious myself and also wanted to put out the idea for the OP. Good point though.

I just have to ask “Why?”

There is no reason to do something like that. Yes it can be done. Yes it can be done reliably and cleanly. But again, why? The cable system is OEM and works perfectly Why would you bother modifying a stock hydro system to work in a DA? Or bother designing your own? Plus, now you have an extra thing you need to attend to. Clutch fluid which needs to be kept an eye on, changed occasionally, lines bled…etc. There’s no maintenance for you cable. So essentially you’d be adding more parts to the car which needs your attention. Sounds like a retarded idea to me.

Additionally I personally prefer the feel of cable over hydro, but that’s preference.

ill second that i have a ys1 with gsr 1,2 and 5th ad b16 3&4th. and i converted from an auto all i neded was the 5spd accessories and the innovative mount, alot better than putting in all the hydro shit

x2 on what colin said. i wouldn’t bother with the hydro swap. find yourself a ys1 that grinds or something for cheap and swap the internals.

yeah it sounds good to me i think im keeping the cable

colin is correct . . . but does anyone know the reason colin is correct?

Here’s a hint.

what’s the same between the itr hydro transmission and the db2 gsr transmission?

Give up?

YS1 short Gear                          US Type R                          JDM Type R

1st 3.307 3.320 3.230
2nd 2.105 2.105 2.105
3rd 1.458 1.458 1.458
4th 1.107 1.107 1.034
5th .875 .848 .787
Final 4.400 4.400 4.785

Enjoy.

I would definitely swap the gears into your cable case. This way you can replace seals, bearings, anything damaged, as well as install carbon synchros and new synchro springs. You’d have to do some minor grinding on the internal webbing around the differential to fit the ITR LSD in, but it’s very simple.

If you’re dead set on going the cheap route:

http://hasport.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=179