car died, started.. then died again

ok… so, i get in my car, and start driving to work. it seemed fine, then when i hit the gas after sitting at a red light, there was a lot of resistance, didnt feel like it was getting proper fuel maybe? i got about 150 yards, and it just died… stopped running. i pulled over, popped the hood, no smoke or anything funny looking, all fluids were ok. i got back in the car and it started right up. i got about another 3/4 of a mile down the road, and it died again. now it wont start, it tries… it gets real close… but wont start, i have no idea what could have caused it, it has been running great until now. it has full power as far as the battery and starter are concerned. i just have no idea where to begin… now im at work on a 46 hour shift, and my car is sitting on the side of the road in albany. please, if you have any idea of what may have caused the problem, lemme know. im sorry if it seems vauge, if you need any other info, please just ask. oh yeah, and it seemed to be holding fuel pressure, the gauge read 40 i believe after it died. which may not say much… but damn, i just dont know. please help…

is it hesitating when you accelerate? One or more of the injectors could be going… start the car up if you can again and listen to the injectors by putting a flathead screw driver against it and listening through the handle you should hear some clicking which means its working… if not then you have some injectors malfunctioning… another possibility is the spark plugs fouled which is easy enough to check… also just give it a shot change the fuel filter, thats what ended up being my problem… i had brown chunks in my fuel filter and it was only 10 months old.

Then i would check the timing if all else fails. good luck man…

it only hesitated once then died, and yes it was during acceleration. fouled spark plugs can kill the car just like that? hmmm… im gonna have to check that out, cause i did notice some oil on the plugs during the compression test i just did (and thats a story in itself, but its determined to be valve seals and guides). hopefully it is the plugs, or something simple so i can at least get it home. what would make the car hesitate like that though? damn… im bugging out a little bit, sorry. my car is just sitting where i cant watch it, and it makes me very very nervous. i have already had 2 people drive by to check on it. i hope she is doing ok… :frowning: