crank pulley

I had a hell of a time getting mine loose. I ended up putting a chain wrench around the crank pulley to hold it still. I then used a 1/2in extention(long enough to come clear of fender well) Then I stood on engine bay with left foot while I cranked down on breaker bar with right foot until it snapped loose.

snapped loose as in…you got the bolt out right? i heard that the crank pulley have washers…is it true?

Only under the crank bolt head, keeps the key in the keyway. There is a large belt retainer washer behind the pulley.

you can try using some heat on it. i’d assume you’ll be changing the crank seal anyways. just heat the bolt. the expansion and then contraction of it should be enough to get it off with the gun. it will also loosen up threadlocker, if it’s on there

if you still want it let me know

my Paypal is southsliide@gmail.com and I’ll ship it out asap

mission accomplished…i will post pics how i did it asap…sorry blkguy, got it down…thx everyone for the help…

i need pics!!! trying to do mine with a 33 gal compressor max at 145 psi with a 1/2 in impact gun and it will NOT COME OFF!!! tried pb blaster, tried breaker bar… but it seemed like the breaker bar was going to snap. i might just have to try heating the bolt… or im going to have to get a better gun. pics and how you did it will be AWSOME!!!

the moroso Crank pulley tool is a wonderful thing :D.

http://www.amazon.com/Moroso-61805-Crankshaft-Pulley-Wrench/dp/B000COS57Y

im about to just go to sears and purchase myself a stronger air gun and zap that shit out then return it. its pissing me off… and i got to get this done by tomorrow for someone,

stronger gun didnt work!! finally got if off tho. with a lot of PB bLASTER, 4 broke extensions and a empty bottle of propane: how i did it? PB BLASTER, 20in ext, 16" breaker bar plus my jack bar. 5 mins of torching the damn bolt AT FULL BLAST, and two people to pull/push the bar. it felt soo good to take the bolt off i had to call it a day

wow. i tried torching the damn thing and it wouldn’t move at all. i easily did mine off in like 5 mins. here’s how i did it…

find a 1-2 people to help you out.

guy #1 takes out the starter and stick a really strong screw driver into the flywheel (i used matco) until the flywheel can’t spin no more.
guy #2 gets a really long breaker bar with the a strong ratchet and pulls it.
guy #3 hold the ratchet in place

the starter…

the tool i used…as you can see the motor mount is off and the bar is right there with the tool i used…

that’s how long the breaker bar is, i stepped on my headlights and gently leaned back with the bar…

hope this helps…

I don’t understand how the message isn’t getting through:

If you need to remove the crank pulley bolt… buy the freakin’ crank pulley imobilizer tool.

It will make removing the bolt a very simple exercise, even using hand tools. If you can afford to own and operate a car, then you can afford $35 for the crank pulley immobilizer tool.

Unless, of course, you like the theatrics of blow torches, jumping up and down on long pieces of pipe, etc.

i know all that, places i tried going to either don’t have them or have to special order them and i did not want to wait cause of the city complaining about my car sitting for 2 weeks.