Distributor question

Could someone tell me if B17a distributors are equivalent to other 92-93 distributors? I’m pretty sure that OBD1 is OBD1, but I’d hate to buy an ignitor and coil that didn’t work.

PS anyone have an OBD1 coil for sale? OEM please.

Thanks

i thought coils are inside the distributor cap in our motors.

Yes they are, but I want to ensure that the coils are the same from year to year.

Originally posted by GSpeedR
Yes they are, but I want to ensure that the coils are the same from year to year.

just wondering, did you find your answer? i think i have the same problem, i need a new coil or the whole distributor for my gsr…

so are they the same as regular 92-93 teg

Yes, you can use any 92-95 coil/ignitor. The complete VTEC distributor housing is the same for any of those years if it comes down to that.

(The LS housings are the same as well, but won’t work on a VTEC engine w/o modification).

Originally posted by 92LS
[B]Yes, you can use any 92-95 coil/ignitor. The complete VTEC distributor housing is the same for any of those years if it comes down to that.

(The LS housings are the same as well, but won’t work on a VTEC engine w/o modification). [/B]

when you say i can use any 92-95 coil/ignitor, are you talking about any model of integra? or you’re refering to vtec motor??

can i get a RS/LS/GS coil/igniter? or the complete distributor?