distributor

My 91 integra was making a whining noise today so I popped the hood to listen, and it was coming from passenger area…

Then it just died on me:think: I thought it was the distributor so I took it off and it was seized, bad distributor…

So i went bought a new one, put it in and it still will not start, so I thought it was the starter, we pushed it, popped the clutch and it still will not start…

My ? is, isn’t the car supposed to start with/without a starter? Or do you think I bought a faulty distributor?

did you check ecu codes?

maybe the timing is off 180… take out the distributor and rotate the saft 180 degrees… that should work…
josh

I will try that in the morning… the check engine is not on

the thing that bothers me is that when I try to start it, it will not turn the engine over at all, it sounds like the starter is just spinning, no engine movement at all…

Doesnt the distributor only fit one way. To me it looks like it…

make sure your spark plug wires are in the right spots, i had the same problem, just didnt have them right

Besides re-checking the distributor and wires, I would check your timing belt too. If the distributor was seized the belt could have jumped or broke.

I checked the timing belt everything is ok…
do you think my starter solenoid seized up on me, thats about the only thing I have not checked…
I will check it in the morning after work

Ok I figured out the problem. When my distributor seized, it seized so hard that it took out my timing by 22deg:tsk: that’s why it would not start, also when I took the distributor cap off the old one it had a little bit of red dust in it.

So when you hear your distributor making a whiney sound that, means you are about to experience a distributor bearing failure…:ohyeah:

thats happand to me… my shaft berring started to go out. made a loud ass noise.
josh

problems please help

car is a g2 b18 non vtech

hey i just replaced the distributor because the it i tired rebuilding it and the problem still continued but i installed it 180 degree off and it made a clank noise when it poped in when i was tighting the bolts and i realized before when i went to go put the cap on that it wasnt right n then switched it and now the noise repeates over as the engine cranks …i took off the valve cover and watch the cams turn as my buddy tryed to start it and it all seems fine as it cranks over i thought it was the new distributor and replaced it with the old one to see if it started but it didnt and perviously it did…anyone knows what it is…cranks over but wont start…and it makes a loud clanking noise that sounds like its coming from the head…could it be my timing…im not sure some one please help

and josh what kind of noise did it make…i wanna know if im hearing the same thing