distributor ?

trust me i have serched.i am doing a b20 in my 91 teg next week and i also plan
on going obd1.i was told i could use the obd2 distributor if it was rewired for obd1.is this true?and what has to be rewired? thanks

[QUOTE=allmotorda9;1762200]trust me i have serched.i am doing a b20 in my 91 teg next week and i also plan
on going obd1.i was told i could use the obd2 distributor if it was rewired for obd1.is this true?and what has to be rewired? thanks[/QUOTE]

i think you just have the repin your obd1 clips on the obd2 dis.

thanks

if your going Obd-1 why not just use an obd-1 LS Distributor?

how about from obd0 to obd1?does the repin thing work?

becuse the b20 long block comes with the distributor

no

how about from obd0 to obd1?does the repin thing work?

no, obd1 and obd0 dists can’t be swapped simply by changing the wiring. They work slightly differently and the ecu won’t know what to do if its paired w/ the wrong ecu.

If you’re running an obd0 ecu, you’ll need an obd0 dist.

If you’re running an obd1 ecu, you’ll need an abd1 dist.

you can use whatever wiring you like… I’m running an obd1 ecu and dist in my car with obd1 connectors. I’ve also seen people run the same ecu and dist but with the obd0 connectors…

I had never heard the obd1 and obd2 dists are swappable if you do some repining… anyone have any concrete proof of that?

i will find out next week if they work for shure,when i out the motor in.

they are re-pinnable…in my obd-1 b20b powered civic running on pr4 ecu, i got an obd-2 repinned for obd-1 §§§§§. proof enough for you guys? lol :rockon:

i was pretty sure they where but thanks for the deff.now that harrnes i made last night wont go to waste

No, it will not. The CYP sensor in the OBD0 distributors are not compatible with the newer OBD types.

An OBD2 distributor will work with an OBD1 ECU by way of re-pinning.