DIY: Fixing The Passenger Side Cowl Leak On A 90-93 Integra

IDK, it will leek on the floor and when i turn the fan on,more water will come out and then stop. It is only when i park out side in the rain or when im driving in it.

it the rubber seals then

I would to thank the OP for this write up followed the steps got the parts from Acura. Those f$#@ing theives about $75.00 worth and no more leak.
Me and my car thank you sir. :rockon:

repost photos?

Any chance the OP can re-post his step by step photos? I’m currently experiencing this problem and need to fix this leak (and the blower motor) this summer.

Great tip and idea. Will surely be cheaper compared with getting the foam tape from the dealer.

I noticed the original photos are still available on the HT thread below - would be great to get them hosted on g2ic again:

Thanks so much for the write-up! Here is SoCal it has only been a issue every now and then however we are soon going to be moving up to the Pacific North West and it would surly be a much greater problem at that time. So ya, thanks! :hugs:

I’ll just leave this here… feel free to link to it as needed. Sorry for the lo-res image.

Bless you for this write-up, and for making it so easy to know which parts to buy. I definitely need to do this within the next month.

G2Again, what is the required quantity of each part listed in the photo above? In your OP you said we need part # 91608-SJ6-003 in a quantity of 8. But what about the rest of these parts?

It depends on the condition of your car/parts already on your car. For example, I ordered 5 or 6 of the 91608-SJ6-003 that were rotted or damaged on my car, but I only needed like 3 of the 91502-SK7-013. (Also that OP was not me…) Good luck!

Thanks. In that case I might order 5-6 of the main parts and then 3-4 of everything else.

Sidenote, does anyone know the part # for the entire windshield cowling piece? I need to have my replaced.

Did the procedure described in this thread, and after 2 days of fairly steady rain (though garaged overnight) there’s still a small leak in the passenger footwell, dripping from the same place as before. It’s much improved, but still leaking.

Dammit, on to plan B.

So it turns out this method DID work, but when I reinstalled the smaller plastic panel piece the foam seal got moved inward somehow, creating a gap through which water could flow. I diagnosed this by removing the lower dash assembly and fan blower assembly, then positioned a garden hose to dump water onto the windshield cowl cover. After a few minutes it was easy to find the leak.

So I disassembled everything at the base of the windshield again, repositioned the foam, and added a little insurance by Krazy gluing the section that had previously moved. Reassembled everything and waited 24 hours to check for a leak - no leak!

Then replaced the blower motor and put everything back together inside the car. 45 days later, and during a very wet Fall here in NC and no leak! Hooray! :excite:

I’m in the same boat. Blower motor finally went out and my floor is soaked. I had installed just the clear gaskets a couple years ago and it was fixed but not anymore. Took the two panels below the windshield off, took off the “third” plastic piece surrounding the vent and installed a new gasket in it, got all new plastic clips (picked up some extra as well), and also picked up some really thin plastic cutting boards. I cut a sheet of cutting board to fit over top of that vent surround and then drilled matching holes in each and clipped it down with the extra clips. Since it didn’t line up perfectly I lined up the “bubbles” of the cutting board to match the corners in the front. It looked like there was a channel on one side anyway, I was thinking more airflow since I’m blocking most of it. I then installed the modified vent cover/surround, and installed new clips to hold it down. It’s been on there for almost a week without any replacement of the gaskets, plastic covers, or the passenger side wiper above it and I haven’t had any water issues yet. I haven’t installed any covers since I’m in line for a new windshield.

Hope you stay leak free!

I’ve got a big water leak again, and it burnt out the blower motor about a month ago. Over this past weekend I took things apart to find the culprit, and it would appear that all the clear rubber pieces had worn out again and cracked (allowing water to pass). This is particularly frustrating, since those parts are only 2 1/2 years old (and the car spent 6 months in my garage unused this past year). So roughly 2 years of being exposed to the elements and these parts failed again?

WTF?!?

That does seem really strange. Post up some pics of what they look like. I can’t imagine them failing that quickly but who knows. Does it get REALLY hot inside the garage?

I had this problem before , heavy rain one night . the floor was soaked . I replaced the little white inserts everybody was talking about, but leaked again. I finally covered up the giant hole on top of the blower motor. Has never leaked again in over 13 years. Only draw back is I don’t get the fresh air , when I have the fan running. Hope this helps

Garage isn’t exceptionally hot I don’t think? It only has some natural ventilation, and I do live in NC so it gets pretty damn hot in the summer.

I’ll post up photos when I replace the parts. Probably won’t be this week. I thought the blower fan motor was burnt out, but oddly enough it worked for like 5 seconds this past weekend. Though all 4 speeds weren’t available so I think the speed resistor is burnt out as well. Just ordered a replacement, so not doing this work until it arrives.