Engine Building Dictionary

Dan, if you’re not already planning on it, a Chapter on breakin would be a great addition!

whats shot peeing?

Shot Peening is a process performed to compact metal into a more dense structure. It is done by using small metal balls, like BB’s, shot out of a high pressure hose. The entire metal part is hit with these BB’s, and it increases the density of the metal, making it more resistant to developing stress induced fatigue areas, which lead to cracks and ultimately breakage. After shot peening, you should have the part balanced if it is part of the reciprocating assembly such as a rod or the crank. Shot peening can be a cost effective way of reducing the probability of stress related fractures in rods, at least for some engines, but is not as good an alternative as billet or higher strength forged rods for engines making maximum power such as turbo’s or very high RPM engines.

so how 'bout that Chapter on breaking in Dan? :wink:

Hey guys, for those of you who haven’t been over to www.team-integra.net yet, they got some good resources. Don’t get me wrong, I love g2ic and spend much more time here (I like our board a lot more), but they have some good articles. For those of you who haven’t been on that site yet check it out. You have to sign in to have access, but like i said they have some good stuff over there. :slight_smile:

Has “the book” come out yet - I’m looking forward to it?

I know you are a good guy and wouldn’t want to make any $$$ for yourself (or maybe you would, i dont really know) - but if you wanted to get it published with the help of all the G2ers, G2IC could be funded for years…think about it! Just a thought…

any updates? i coulda sworn i saw another thread but cant find it

BIBLE ME!!!:idea:

Originally posted by JOE
Hey guys, for those of you who haven’t been over to www.team-integra.net yet, they got some good resources. Don’t get me wrong, I love g2ic and spend much more time here (I like our board a lot more), but they have some good articles. For those of you who haven’t been on that site yet check it out. You have to sign in to have access, but like i said they have some good stuff over there. :slight_smile:

I’ve been on that site for the last week, and I still can’t find any info regarding rebuilding. There is, but not the way Dan has compiled in his Engine Building Guide. Just a bunch of suggestions, but no clear definitive answers.

Not trying to downplay team-integra.net (I actually like the site), but I just think Dan’s Guide is a bit more explanatory than what team-integra.net offers.

Regards,

Oz

will someone please show me where dan’s guide is!!???!!!:bang:

Originally posted by BAM
will someone please show me where dan’s guide is!!???!!!:bang:

Check the Main Teg Tips.

Regards,

Oz

this is a very good thread!!!

ok someone define “finished” :naughty:

and what’s better, LS/VTEC or turbo b16a :shrug:

:bow: