HEADERS vs. EXHAUST or both??

I currently just have a AEM cai on my 92 gs. Im trying to decide on my next purchase but im wondering how the g2 motor runs with certin upgrades on it. This is where you guys come in handy.

1)SHould I buy a header, an exhaust, or wait and by both at the same time.

2)What is the best performing header/exhaust for a ressonible price for our G2 motor???

ANY HELP IS APPRICIATED!!!

Hmm… see i went the CAI then Exhaust route and i wish i didnt… if you have the extra money for the Header id go for that… as for Companies… DC Sports makes a good header, Exhaust i have a Nokya my car sounds a little too loud somtimes though, Greddy makes a nice exhaust… Other members here know alot more…

thanks for your help

I would buy the header, and then the exhaust. The stock header is more restrictive then the stock exhaust. There was a Great header test or something on the general board and the DC header did pretty well. I have one and am very happy with it.
As for exhaust, I just got the magnaflow for the sound and cheap price. As for HP to price ratio, exhaust has got to rank at the bottom of the list for bolt ons.

why get a header with a stock, kinked, crush bent pinner exhaust?? You made the right move by gettin the AEM cold air first, definitely makes the biggest difference. then go for a good 2 1/4" catback mandrel bent s/s exh for now then get the header when you have the funds. If you do things in steps you won’t get bored with your car as quick. As far as I’ve been told since I’ve been into these cars go I/E/H in that order

He’s already got the CAI. I think header first is a good choice, or at least determine the exhaust you want based on the header you are certain your going to buy. I think you’ll notice diference with just a header and it makes the exhaust an easy last step once the headers in.

if u go back and look at that ‘great header test’, u will see that the difference between stock manifold & header is not signiifcant…cat back should be the upgrade right after intake… like DA_teg said …stock cat back is crushed, thin and probably well rusted anyway …plus it sounds wimpy and looks anemic…-DO AS I SAY-. dammit…, lol

Originally posted by Slick92GS-R
if u go back and look at that ‘great header test’, u will see that the difference between stock manifold & header is not signiifcant…cat back should be the upgrade right after intake… like DA_teg said …stock cat back is crushed, thin and probably well rusted anyway …plus it sounds wimpy and looks anemic…-DO AS I SAY-. dammit…, lol

NUFF SAID

Originally posted by DA_TEG
why get a header with a stock, kinked, crush bent pinner exhaust?? You made the right move by gettin the AEM cold air first, definitely makes the biggest difference. then go for a good 2 1/4" catback mandrel bent s/s exh for now then get the header when you have the funds. If you do things in steps you won’t get bored with your car as quick. As far as I’ve been told since I’ve been into these cars go I/E/H in that order

i thought the stock intake was fairly well designed and not as restrictive as the stock exhaust… which would make getting an aftermarket exhaust more logical… i guess if you’re goign to get all 3 its not really goign to matter in the end… :slight_smile: