HELP!!! Check engine

Ok so I changed the two little hoses that go from were the thermastat is at to the intake manifold becuase they were damaged and coolant spilt out and I refilled it with coolant and the car keeps rpm ing up and down at idle and it don’t stop and when I drive the car for a while check engine light goes on… Any help?? Thanks

u need to bleed the cooling system. if u didn’t know how to do that i highly suggest that u get a repair manual already tho. but u have a 90, so on the upper radiator hose near the head… u will see a bleeder screw. i think its a 12mm head. with the car on and running. loosen the screw until some coolant start leaking out. having a rag or towel or piece of wood under the car would be a good idea. let it drip out until the flow is a constant quick drip. u don’t want it flowing out, just SUPER FAST DRIPS that have steady intervals. close up the bleeder screw. once the car reaches operating temp, do it again to be safe. that should fix ur issue. then afterwards disconnect ur battery to reset the ecu. then let the car run for like 5-10min and u should see that it running steady and fine.

Hey thanks for the help but I also drive a 90 da9 and the bolt were you bleed it nothing comes out I even pulled out the screw completely and nothing it’s wierd . Is there any other spot to bleed it??

check the code. go to teg tips if you don’t know how

The led light on the ecu flasess 8 times and the car is obd 0 so I looked up the code and shows that it’s the distributer… So am quessing that would be it why it shows check engine light after a lil while of a drive…

wow ur bleeder screw gets nothing to come out of it… do u have NO COOLANT in ur system or something. take a pic of what u think the bleeder screw is and post it. also make sure u have enough coolant…fill it up and fill up the reservoir to the max line.

once u do that… start the car and run it til it reaches operating temp, then attempt the bleed again. COOLANT SHOULD COME OUT OF THE BLEEDER SCREW. DO NOT REMOVE IT CUZ THEN U ARE INTRODUCING MORE AIR INTO THE SYSTEM! air in coolant = bad idle

if u can maybe u can video ur distributor code (flashing) on here or youtube for us to see it. but yeah.

curious… out of the blue question here. what else is wrong with ur car? speedometer work? or anything else wrong. cuz u have a check engine line and i just wanna see what else is wrong. cuz obviously the check engine light isn’t related the rough idle issue at the moment. so let us know.

Yea I do have coolant and I had snaped the area were the bleeder screw goes and I replaced it before I useto bleed it but when I tried nothing comes out even when car is warmed up… I also jacked it up and nothing it’s full of coolent and it seems that nothing comes out the bleeder bolt and I know it’s located by the valve cover next to the spark plug cap… And yes my tach don’t work either I think the speedo cable isn’t on tight on at all LOL

ur speedo not working can be the cause of ur check engine light. also double check to make sure that code 08 is what u are truly throwing.

but the bleeder valve has to let coolant thru unless coolant is not circulating thru ur system.

for the hell of it, get a brand new oem radiator cap too while u are at it. none of that stant crap. i dunno if u have that but i’m kinda guessing u do. if u do then yes please replace it. after that… please try again. it has to work

hah, this nigguh…

ok check this out I unplugged the bolt were u bleed it and it was cloged up I used a thick needle and picked it and coolant came out . So I bleed the coolant and reseted the ecu and still keeps rpm ing up and down…

uh oh the ever so common fluctuating idle. Make sure your hoses are tight so there isnt a vaccum leak. still have a code?

no offense but it takes a while for a lil ass bubble to escape the system. bleeding it does help but sometimes NUMEROUS bleeds does the job. if anything… at night, leave the radiator cap off, and in the morning put it back on. then start it, warm it up, then bleed the system, that almost ALWAYS does it.

almost always does it… wtf am i trying to say there? lol

[QUOTE=Squeezethis;2037623]no offense but it takes a while for a lil ass bubble to escape the system. bleeding it does help but sometimes NUMEROUS bleeds does the job. if anything… at night, leave the radiator cap off, and in the morning put it back on. then start it, warm it up, then bleed the system, that almost ALWAYS does it.

almost always does it… wtf am i trying to say there? lol[/QUOTE]

there u go again dude…giving crap to ppl lol jk :giggle:

just send him a picture with step by step directions that will be easier lol (no offense to the threat poster)

[QUOTE=tacvbo;2037640]there u go again dude…giving crap to ppl lol jk :giggle:

just send him a picture with step by step directions that will be easier lol (no offense to the threat poster)[/QUOTE]

dude… its getting to that point where ima start remaking archive stuff and teg tips stuff. cuz seriously, to explain this stuff every week is kinda annoying.

hey thats what you get for knowin too much lol :dance:

In that case i might ask you for help when doing my swap :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=tacvbo;2037727]hey thats what you get for knowin too much lol :dance:

In that case i might ask you for help when doing my swap :)[/QUOTE]

lol no prob man.

GERMS, u try it again yet?

Well I know it sucks explaining things over for some of you guys out there but it sure helps keep tegs up and running and about my Teg it’s just fuckin wierd… I bleed it right the idleing stopped and I was chillin at my buddys and I just got home like at 11:30 and when pulling up to drive way starts idleling and it’s annoying Kuz my hks cat back is loud… And motor seems to feel vey hot after short drive… Normal?

well as long as ur temp gauge is working and accurate then we’ll worry about that after. regarding ur idle. if ur motor started idling fine, but then is acting up then all it is is that an air bubble (or more) settled in a different spot and when u drove up or around it came loose. try doing the bleeding process again, but on pretty even/leveled surface, then again on ur driveway. then again on a leveled surface. seems like a lot of extra work, but thats how it is sometimes. i went thru the same stuff back then with my old da. and a few times with my db1.

Ok thanks For all your help…,