How do you REALLY quiet brake pads???

Squealing, squeeking, whatever, I got it. I’ve disassembled my brakes numerous times, and used Molybdenum (sp.?) grease, as well as the red anti-squeal compound on different occasions. I’ve placed globs of layers of it, between the pads and the shims, on the outside of the shims, and even on the end of the actual piston for shits and giggles. I’ve put that crap everywhere, and it still squeals. I’ve broken in my new pads, and they worked fine for about 2 months, before the embarassing noises started popping up. Someone help me, ‘cuz flossin’ in a nice, red shiny car is hard when you have to slow down with noisy brakes. Yeah, I tried to just keep rolling, but the invented the Stop sign a while back, and I have no choice…

Remove the pads and take some sandpaper and ruff up the shiny spots on them.

look at your rotors, if they look like a mirror then you need to have them deglazed… jus take them off and hit em with a wire wheel to remove the glaze… usually happens with new pads… did you resurface your rotors when you changed the pads? alot of times if you dont you have a tiny bit of air flow that goes thru small grooves that you cant really feel with your finger (usually “the test” i see customers do to check thier own rotors, then they look at me and ask if thier brakes are good LOL)… and also you should NOT put any lube inbetween the shim and the backing plate … that will allow the shim to move slightly under braking and possibly the cause of the noise… the shim should be stuck to the backing plate with the adhesive that it is made with… then the “brake quiet” sprays or whatever you are using goes between the shim and piston and on the outter side same thing between the shim and caliper… the shims need to be stable… a while back i put the spray then the shim and the shim slid out and was grinding against the rotor hat making it squeek ALL the time brakes on or off … try that on a trip to vegas hahhaha…