Installing the ES master kit bushings..

hybrid90, any updates? I also live in the bay area and in need of changing the bushings. Would appreciate your experience.

BigSung - sorry dude, no updates yet cuz as you know, the weather’s been shitty and plus I live in an apartment so can’t really jack up the car… I do shit here and there at my uncle’s garage but haven’t gone through with the bushings cuz I have other shit I need to take car of with the suspension…

I’ll update this thread once I find a place or do it myself… :up:

Sounds good. Keep us updated.

to the guys whose cars didnt squeak, what color were your bushings? supposedly the black ones are graphite impregnated and are less prone to squeak.

I installed the kit two years ago. No squeaks, but it was a lot of work. You WILL need a press to press out the old bushings. Make sure your mechanic listens to you, I had a retard who beat the shit out of it with a hammer and used a blowtorch for over 30 mins screaming and cursing in the back of the shop. With a press it was out in no time. The dust covers are crap, and it makes the install time that much longer. Trust me, leave them alone. I put in a rear trailing - one - and didn’t touch the other one. It was a lot of work, nearly the whole Saturday, cleaning out the old bushing. People often talked about using a torch, but it isn’t really effective and you always have in the back of your mind “the fuel tank is inches a way from me…”. I’m actually about to install stock rear trailing arm bushings. I bought the tool for the job this time, but it’s for the slightly larger DC bushings. SO, in recap, they don’t squeak if you lube them correctly, it’s a lot of work to install them and you will need access to a press, and forget about the rear trailing arm bushings and the dust boots. Oh and I have the red bushings, not the black ones.

I’ve heard this too.

Which is why I got black way back when.

Not a huge deal, most of them will eventually be coming out anyway. :wink:

i have the prothane bushings and they’re red. i think prothane only comes in red. i just used the grease that came with the bushings and no squeaks yet.