itr block?

currently im runnin ls/vtec w/ b16 pistons and stock rods and crank. i found an itr block and im considering getting it. my first question is should i use dat block instead of my ls block? do u think i will be faster?
thanxs

got doubts on your ls/vtec huh? same here lol only because my bottom end wasnt balanced :mad: it wont make more power but it will probably make the same probably a little less in torque department but it will be alot more reliable even if you rev the **** out of it

naw no doubts. i love ls/v i was just wondering which would be better for higher reving i dont wanna blow.

Originally posted by 90WhiteTegBoy
naw no doubts. i love ls/v i was just wondering which would be better for higher reving i dont wanna blow.

It’s called the Poor man’s ITR, or close to it. You can use it and it will be more reliable, and you will be able to rev higher cause of the better rod ratio. Go for it :up:

Also, it would be just like having an True ITR motor, except they have a little better head flow, and have a better valve train than a stock B16 head.

It would be more reliable, but if you already set-up the vtec head for the ls block, it won’t just mate to the ITR block , ya dig?

Originally posted by C-dogg’slsvtec
It would be more reliable, but if you already set-up the vtec head for the ls block, it won’t just mate to the ITR block , ya dig?

Exactly what I just said above-

Originally posted by caliquick_teg
[B]It’s called the Poor man’s ITR, or close to it. You can use it and it will be more reliable, and you will be able to rev higher cause of the better rod ratio. Go for it :up:

Also, it would be just like having an True ITR motor, except they have a little better head flow, and have a better valve train than a stock B16 head. [/B]

dats tru, but i can get it back on. but i do think dat the itr is gonna be better. anybody has an poorman’s type r? what type of times r u runnin?

if you already set-up the vtec head for the ls block, it won’t just mate to the ITR block
Sure it will, all you need to do is unplug the oil galley in the bottom of the head and put the hex nut back in the back of the head.

As for a poorman’s ITR, check out G2Guru’s car, I think he’s the only one running a PR3 head on a B18C block.

Originally posted by LeftCorner
[B]Sure it will, all you need to do is unplug the oil galley in the bottom of the head and put the hex nut back in the back of the head.

As for a poorman’s ITR, check out G2Guru’s car, I think he’s the only one running a PR3 head on a B18C block. [/B]

Oh? Ok… I thought that there was machining that was done to the head so it could have a perfect tight seal with the ls block, like mine was done…

Oh? Ok… I thought that there was machining that was done to the head so it could have a perfect tight seal with the ls block, like mine was done…

c-dogg who built your motor?

My motor was built in upstate New York, by some very experienced import enthusiast…they have been into the import scene since the 70’s! that’s right the 70’s…

The reason why it’ll be a perfect fit is because when you enlarge the hole on the vtec head, to fit the LS block, you are enlargeing the one that does not have the dowel. The Dowels on the 2 motors are on opposite ends of each other. dowels on all vtec motors are all on the same side. there for perfect fit.

Originally posted by BuddhaSiR
The reason why it’ll be a perfect fit is because when you enlarge the hole on the vtec head, to fit the LS block, you are enlargeing the one that does not have the dowel. The Dowels on the 2 motors are on opposite ends of each other. dowels on all vtec motors are all on the same side. there for perfect fit.

Thanks Buddha for clearing that up for me, that was exactly what I was thinking, since the dowel pins have to be made to fit the vtec head to the lsblock, I thought it would ruin it in case a vtec block would ever be used in the future…so my b16 head can still be mated to a gsr block or even better, an ITr block…sweet, good option to have in case I ever have the opportunity…

itr block?

My motor was built in upstate New York, by some very experienced import enthusiast…they have been into the import scene since the 70’s! that’s right the 70’s…

Yo I just moved to upstate,NY & I need help finding a speed, rebuilding, machine shop. tell me what shop did you’re motor. I don’t know anybody with Integra up here.

Re: itr block?

Originally posted by Snow23G2I
Yo I just moved to upstate,NY & I need help finding a speed, rebuilding, machine shop. tell me what shop did you’re motor. I don’t know anybody with Integra up here.

Call Adam at 518-489-8440, tell him Caesar sent you…He can tell you of the machine shop they use; he also owns a speedshop…