Need a little help with these oil spots

Now since spoon and i both need cam seal. I have been doing some research and people were talking about how aftermarket seal were better then oem? can someone with experince comfirm this? and also can someone comfirm about my power steering pump/problems? Also read golden eagle had some good cam seal.

in theory they’re better because most of them have more than one seal.

some of them are double or triple seals.

for instance the PW:JDM is a double seal while skunk2, golden eagle, etc are triple seals

oh i get it now. So it’s best to put an extra 15 bucks for a longer lasting cam seal.

I bought that top piece that is cracked from a junkyard. But for now im gonna buy one from autozone so i can make sure that metal piece in place of the cam seal will come out. And while im at it im also gonna change the valve cover gaskets and paint the valve cover.

that it is, the other difference is the OEM one from honda just has little ribs molded into the plug, most aftermarket pieces have 2 or 3 fat orings and will seal much better and last much longer.

I just bought a oem one at honda for like 7 bucks and honda bonded it in. Its been great ever since. Quick fix

Ok so luckily i didnt have a cam seal welded in it just looked like it. I replaced it and its an e.z fix i was just paranoid about the torquing it down becuase i broke 2 screws and realized the torque wrench was way off so i had to hand tighten it to what i thought was 7.2 lbs. i also replaced that cracked piece. on top:rockon:

B16 Oil Leak

Alright gang, I replaced the distirbutor o-ring, cam plug, valve cover gasket and spark plug grommets today. However, there is still oil leaking where the head meets the block.

Exactly what side of the head/block is the leak coming from?

Did u replace the the 2 on the camshaft as well? On camgear end side.

headgaskets gone?

Not sure if you did this already, but make sure now that you’ve replaced all the upper gaskets that you clean the area very well, there are a few spots where the oil can pool up and look like it’s still leaking if you haven’t clean it up well. I would suggest getting some simple green and cleaning the whole engine bay. Always helps you find the culprit.