Need help fixing my car

Hey what’s up?
I have a 1990 Acura Integra LS 4-door.
I bought the car about 3 months ago and just yesterday it started acting up a bit.
I don’t know what exactly is wrong with it, but it seems to start just fine but the engine light comes on and stays on. On top of that I can’t seem to make more than 3000 rpm, it seems that it is really difficult for the car to catch the gears. After more than 3000 rpm the car seems to stall.
I went to Auto Zone to get a diagnostics test and they weren’t able to help me out because the car is too old for the test. I let the guy from Auto Zone listen to my car so I could get his opinion on what might be wrong with the car, and he had mentioned a few things like: timing belt, fuel injection, timing of the gears, synchronization, etc…
Further more when I bought the car I knew that the intake and outtake had been changed and the seller told me that he had put a Chip in the car as well.
I guess the Chip is just to get rid of the governer and maybe to give the car a few more HP so basically the Chip regulates the fuel intake.
Please HELP ME OUT…!

please read the forum guidelines/faq (which you were supposed to read when you first signed up) and start a new thread that’s titled correctly. i wouldn’t be surprised if this one got closed.

you may want to be a bit more clear on what you’re having trouble with. I can’t understand anything you just said. i always thought an outtake was something from a movie or TV show. :shrug: