need tranny help... everyone please help

my question is will a ys1 fit on a 90 integ with a b16. the tranny my car had was a s1 and what will be the different. ive heard from shops that theirs no difference on it and all trannys should fit. this will really help alot guys

yes it will fit. you just need to make sure you clutch disk is for a 92+ teg.

k cool thanks. but which tranny is better on the b16. should of i stayed with the s1 or is it better that i got this ys1. tranny came off a integra with a ls engine so im not sure if its a jdm or usdm ys1. i think its a usdm what you guys think:dance:

there is an ls integra ys1 with gear ratios that are longer and not as favorable as the b17 gsr ys1’s shorter gearing and lower final drive. this will help you evaluate what you are dealing with and its usefullness a little bit better…
http://www.allmotorhonda.com/techpages/B-series_Tranny_specs.htm

im always getting confused with the ratios. so the higher the ratio the longer the gear is and the lower the ratio the lower the gear is right?

yeah the higher the gears the better… for exampel, the ys1 (ls ) has a 4.2 final drive. and the ys1 (GS-R) has a 4.4 fianl drive. but the gs-r ys1’s are ALMOST IMPOSIBEL TO FIND! i would definetly be patient and wait to get a fs-r ys1. you have a b16… you’re motor has NO TORQUE whats so ever! you need a short gear tranny to stay in ur powerband! if you have the ls tranny when u shift at 8000rpm it will drop you really low and out of ur power band. to be honest, with a b16 w/ a long gear ys1 tranny ur car is bearly if not almost the same as an integra with an ls motor! remember our cars are not civic EG’s and crx’s that dont weight anything! our cars are kinda heavy. so go with the gs-r ys1 tranny! u will not regret it!.. oh and one more thing… BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WHEN BUYING A GS-R TRANNY… unfortunately their is no realy way to tell apart the two trannys (ls and gs-r) by just looking at them. they both have the ys1 sticker on them. you have two choices… 1. belive the buy that is selling you the tranny and take his word. 0r 2. split apart the tranny and count the teeth for urself(the are threards on this site that teach you how to do that) their are plenty of people thast have been tricked! they thought they were buying a gsr ys1 but got an ls! let me know if you have anymore questions…:corn:

sweet i got my ys1 tranny on. thanks guys it was the clutch disc that i needed. all i gotta do is drop it and i cant wait till i hit the streets again. ive ignored my precious da for like6 months :frowning: