New Honda Tuning

Anyone catch the trick mil/spec connections in the new issue of honda tuning? anyonw know the guy and can get details b/c i totally want to do it!

search NWP and contact either richie from richie works or chase from chase bays. I think RyWire has them as well.

It’s not cheap.

[QUOTE=team123luder;2051151]search NWP and contact either richie from richie works or chase from chase bays. I think RyWire has them as well.

It’s not cheap.[/QUOTE]

nwp?

and richie works in google isnt’ giving me a valid link.

Yea they’re cool and all, but I don’t know if I could bring myself to pay that much for a harness.
Chasebays

B, D, H, F series
-$1220 shipped w/ core engine harness
-$1360 shipped w/ no core engine harness

K series and J series

• $1520 shipped w/ a core engine harness
  • $1760 shipped w/ no core engine harness

S2000
-$1720 shipped w/ a core engine harness
-$1960 shipped w/ no core

Rywire.com

I’ve heard great things about both Ryan and Chase. Personally I just opted to strip my harness myself and make the specific changes I wanted. I didn’t want to do a full tuck, just clean some things up as well as re-loom the whole thing.

[QUOTE=Colin;2051273]Rywire.com

I’ve heard great things about both Ryan and Chase. Personally I just opted to strip my harness myself and make the specific changes I wanted. I didn’t want to do a full tuck, just clean some things up as well as re-loom the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

I’d like to. I plan to keep this car for a LONG time so I was interested in replacing a bunch of old wire in the process. Rywire is much more reasonable it seems.

Nice, I haven’t looked there in a while, so I didn’t know they were doing those now. Actually after you add up extra stuff, it’s almost about the same as the Chasebays’ harness. I don’t think Rywire needs a core though:

What’s In My Cart?
Remove Product(s) Qty. Total

Replacement Mil-Spec B-Series harness Replacement Mil-Spec B-Series harness

• Alternator type OBD1
  • Distributor Type OBD1
  • ECU Type OBD1 P61
  • injector type OBD1
  • Mil-Spec Firewall Plug Add
  • Raychem DR-25 Add
  • Sensor Labels Add
  • Vehicle Model GSR
  • Vehicle Type Integra
  • Vehicle Year 92
    $1,140.00
    Sub-Total: $1,140.00

Richie works is underground here in socal, google wonthelp you. I’ve seen his work and it’s amazing. You can also contact Bisimoto and ask him about his personal guy. He does amazing work as well.

I wouldn’t go MIL spec do to electrical issues, if they ever occure, you’re fucked!

iceman, have you done much wiring before? If you’re familiar w/ 12v wiring then it can be a fun project. But itt won’t turn out perfect the first time - unless you’re a natural.

I did some very minor changes when I first did my engine swap and added new wires for vtec. This time I stripped the whole harness apart, re-loomed it and re-routed wires. I only had part of the harness apart at once in order to keep things straight. But if I were to do it again I’d remove the connectors which go to the main harness and strip the entire harness down to the wires then start from there.

It was a learning experience for me, if I have to do it again it’ll turn out better. Especially if I have the time and foresight to order all the parts in advance and do the whole job in one sitting instead of over a period of months whenever I had a free hour or so.

Mess o wires

Injector wiring

Dist side wiring - you can clearly see one ended up being way too long

When I’m finished all of the wiring from the firewall forward will be re-wrapped, extra wires removed, and minor changes made to clean things up a little. But it’ll end up looking 100% stock to anyone but the most dedicated DA fans, and even most of them probably won’t notice the actual changes. I also didn’t want to change things so much that it would make troubleshooting in the future a problem, I wanted it to function like stock. I’m really not a fan stuff like relocating the fuse box or running wiring outside of the bay (under the fenders).

Why woudl Mil/spec connections screw me if there was an electricall issue?

Colin yeah i can do the wiring, i just plain dont wanna. lol. I’ve been through 6 months of hell with this car and constant setbacks, i’m just up for paying for the wirng part haha. I love your work though so far.

teamluder - any pics of his work? pricing?