Passenger floor leak quickfix w pics

I did essentially the same thing, but instead of using new rubber seals, I caulked the thing in every conceivable spot.

So far it seems to be working.

very nice write up… thanks for taking the time

I love this!!! Its gonna be so helpful.

yea that blower cover… can i just rtv seal that? I got rid of the old rubber strip because it was wasted. i was going to use the ultra grey rtv because you can run a thicker bead with it and i already had trouble with the black stuff.

I think I saw Swamp Thing lurking in my passenger floor today, must do ASAP, thanks for the excellent writeup … [SIZE=2]ARCHIVETHIS[/SIZE] :clap:

yea i just got the luck of seeing the loch ness monster on my passenger side floor. i will be fixing it tomorrow. just ordered the parts today

:rockon:

fuck that the whole pacific ocean was in my car… i got the leak in the passenger floor and the trunk lol damn it

nice write-up man,i love this f*cking site!!! :rockon:

great write-up!

Excellent!!!
The air at all positions seems pretty low in my car, even at the highest it doesn’t blow out alot as in other integras of my year that I’ve been in.
Do I need to clean out the fan because of all this water leakage throghout the years??

Well at least for me I figured out why I’m getting this problem. When I removed the main cowl (which by the way the rubber piece towards the top which touches the window is fried!) I discovered that my car had no AIR BLOWER COVER!!! So forget the two seals above which could fail no air blower cover won’t help if I get new seals anyway!!! Oh man I bought this car “salvaged” and now I’m starting to see the “mickey mouse” workmanship the guys who put this back together did.

So I’m basically going to replace all these components from the main cowl to all the peices mentioned above and get an AIR BLOWER COVER. Once I put everything back I think I will use waterproof silicone sealant to seal things up just to make sure.

I had a question regarding the main cowl, when you put that back do you guys use some kind of water proof adhesive towards the top where it touches the winshield? Or do you not use anything?

DSC02695a.jpg

DSC02697a.jpg

You see right above the air inlet theres the two rubber grommets? Those are the ones that cause water in your cabin. I would replace all of them tho since your in there. No rtv is needed anywhere for this fix. you can make a cover for the opening if you wish. My friend used a one gallon coolant bottle and cut it to fit then stuck it on with some glue. His hasnt leaked since. I chose the OE way and just replaced parts as needed. Hope that helps.

didn’t work for me.

Got parts for this work

I boughts all parts needed for this fix, but I didn’t need all the pieces because some old parts are reusable. Acura dealer would not take it because they were special ordered. It’s worth $60, so if anyone wants to buy, drop me a line. I can sell it for 50% of the original price.

90657-SA6-003 $4.80 original price I have 7 (need 8)

91501-SK7-013 $3.99 original price I have 6 (need 6)

sonokomass@yahoo.co.jp

what i did is i took all of it out and then put weather strip all over it for 2.99 from autozone. and put it back on, and problem fixed!

Thank you for this post i was wondering why my damn floor was all wet :clap:

just ordered these parts except for those little clips on the front of the main cowl.

Just to let you know for the 6 cowl clips, 8 second cowl clips and 8 rubber seal skirts, the price came out to about $53 at aucuraautomotiveparts. Thats after shipping.

I really need a new cowl but that was $95 or so.

It was a little tricky finding the parts I needed just from the pictures. They should use the actual part # instead of their own. I hope I ordered the right stuff.

If everything goes well I will order a lot more stuff I need from them because I hate my local acura dealer.

Is there suppose to be an air blower cover for the drivers side as well? Currently all I have is the air blower cover which is on the passenger side. But it seems that I’m missing something on the drivers side as well?

I did this fix a while back plus a little RTV and it worked great. I took the cowl apart again to replace wiper motor/arms and it started leaking like a bitch! I finally re-siliconed it the yesterday and got a big rain today, still leaking! I have a mini Lake Michigan in my passenger side floorboard! I don’t see how any water could get in, I covered every conceivable crack with silicone, any other possible leak spots around there?