S4 light flashes twice at start...

When I turn the key to “power on” position, the left and right turn signal lights stay on - like the hazard lights but w/o the flashing. The High beam light also stays on but the headlights themselves are off. When I try to start the car, there is no response. No click no nothing. The turn signal lights lights and HB lights dim until I release the key. Immediately after the key is released, the S4 light flashes twice. I can also hear the shift lock click along with the S4 button.

I’ve checked all fuses and they are all fine.

*Also…:flame: for the life of me, I can’t find the male connector that matchs this harness(red circle):

I’m stumped. Has anyone had this happen to them before? What am I overlooking.

BTW, that’s not my bay. Just a very clean example and the only one that I could find that showed the harness in question.

So, I take it no one has had this problem before?

Maybe your car isn’t really a car at all? Maybe its an autonomous robotic organism sent from the planet Cybertron to protect you and that’s its way of communicating with you?

I believe thats the plug for your firewall mounted MAP sensor. The area right above the plug that isnt as dirty (on the firewall) is for two vacuum solenoids and MAP sensor. I once tried to eliminate all of that but, my idle was rediculous, so I connected it all back.

[QUOTE=digitalHorizon;1762056]Maybe your car isn’t really a car at all? Maybe its an autonomous robotic organism sent from the planet Cybertron to protect you and that’s its way of communicating with you?

[/QUOTE]

Well I did find myself talking to it…
Turn key, turn back, S4<blink-blink> and I’m like “what is that supposed to mean? What is it? WHAAAAAT?” Then I quickly run inside and peek out the window waiting for it to transform!:shock:

…but where could the other end be hiding? I’m pretty sure I didn’t cut that off! I have practically laid on top of the engine staring down in that area and can’t find the other half of that connector!!

Anyone else have an explaination for the flashing S4 issue?

Just double checked the engine bay…thats actually the plug for the sensor thats on the power steering line. I forgot to plug that in after my swap but, it didnt throw any codes. I tried to get a photot but its too dark.

there is a thread on here somewhere that has a what-to-do for when your TCM throws a code.
Have you checked your TCM, thats where i would go if S4 flashes on startup.

Ya know…I guess that would make sense since I removed all of my power steering components last year. I just don’t remember that plug. Thanks ramone167!
:whew:

[QUOTE=stuck_in_91;1763331]there is a thread on here somewhere that has a what-to-do for when your TCM throws a code.
Have you checked your TCM, thats where i would go if S4 flashes on startup.[/QUOTE]

I’ll have to run a search on that.