shifter stabilizer bushings

After seeing the results of my brother installing his b&m short shifter and b&m stabilizer bushings I want to install one as well. I was thinking of getting the solo short shifter because I’ve heard good things about it on this site(what do you guys recommend?) and I was wondering which stabilizer kit I should get. My brother’s B&M kit came with aluminum pieces and I’ve seen others with prothane bushings. Which do you guys prefer? I want the kit to have an adjustable neutral position as well which the b&m kit has. So, which would be the best kit to get? TIA?

Hey flapjak, what bushing kit did you use when you installed your solo and are you in neutral in this picture?

I really just need to know how far forward your shifter sits in first gear so I know whether I would want to get a kit that lets me move the neutral position back. I don’t want to have to be reaching for the shifter. Someone help me pleeez…

What? No one’s got any help for whitey? Quit holding out on me.

i persomally like the dc shifter because it tends to not hit the exhaust

Hey thanks Stevie D. I was beginning to think I was talking to myself. Where is the neutral position with the DC SS?

get the B&M aluminum kit. it gives a solid feel , and it IS adjustable. i’d say a few (2-3?) inches of adjustment depending on what short shift you go with.
this is a good product that i’m happy to say i spen tmy money on.

Originally posted by whiteyg2RS
Hey thanks Stevie D. I was beginning to think I was talking to myself. Where is the neutral position with the DC SS?

later today I’ll get a pic up for the dc shifter

Yooooooooooooo my bad guy! I didn’t even notice I was in this post hahaha…

Yes, in that picture my shifter is in neutral. I love the look of my shifter… to me it looks like it was “meant” to be there… :smiley:

The only problem now is that after installing it, when I make right turns my car CLUNKS twice (one for turning and one for counter-turning)… and its annoying as fuyck!!!

I didn’t replace any bushings but the one that is in the shifter… that’s cuz that specific bushing came with the shifter.

Installation is a breeze. I would recommend the Solo Shifter (because of its great price) and also pick up the shifter kit of bushings from Energy Suspension… I definately hafta get that soon.

Thanks for all the late replies. JK. I actually installed the b&m edge shifter and energy suspension shifter bushings last week and am enjoying it. Thanks again.

Originally posted by whiteyg2RS
Thanks for all the late replies. JK. I actually installed the b&m edge shifter and energy suspension shifter bushings last week and am enjoying it. Thanks again.

NP!

I’m assuming you’re not getting that nasty right hand-turn clunking, like me, right? :frowning:

Not at all flapjak. I don’t know what could be causing yours either. Do you think it’s because of the shifter or is it the tranny or suspension maybe?