short geared tranny

you talkin like a hydro si?

sorry but i didnt read the whole post but if you are going turbo i suggest you keep the ls tranny the longer gears keep the turbo spooled longer

b16 tranny wont make u faster at all, unless u take it to 8k cuz a redline such as the b18a fucking sucks witha b16 tranny

if u raced a b16 tranny n a stock b18a in a integra and a stock b18a with ls tranny, the b16 would only take it out of the whole, the ls would woop it after second gear, and the short gears beat the hella out of a b18a , i think a ls is short enoughf

im at 3k rpms in 5th gear at 55mph , ur retarted if u think b16 tranny is faster , it jus seems like it cuz u have to shift way sooner and by the time ur done shifting u look up and ur tached out at 110mph i no becuz i had it in my crx

id much rather have the ls tranny , but if u have a b16 id have a b16 tranny

honda made tranys for there motors for a reason , the gears match the hp/torque/weight perfectly , but since u already fuckin with shit by doin lsvtec u might as well putta b16 tranny cuz it wont last no matter what

b16 block/gsr head and b16 tranny is the way to go

actually the need for the short geared tranny is because it allows me to stay in my powerband, since i will be taking it to 8k and my motor is built for that, i have actually decided to go with a hydro gsr tranny because it gives the best of both the short and long capabilities, and you should really do home work before you go making assumptions

:up:

even non vtec engines can benefit from the shorter gearing. Edik Stepanyan’s H4 G2 is one of the best cars in that class. He has a b18a with LS tranny and upgraded final drive (his mods are limited to this by class rules). He wouldn’t be running that final drive if it didn’t help…

oh , if the b16 tranny matches ur power band then get it but i wouldnt do it on a stock internal motor , speacially if its ur daily driver, i think gsr gears r the best but there hydraulic

my gsr ys1 matches perfectly with my stock b18a… I love the combo, but can’t wait to get my 4.7FD itr trans :drool:

u have a gsr trany and ur getin a itr tranny? why u keep switchin trannys id stick witha gsr but maybe throw a lsd in that. why dont u buy every tranny and try them all out for us lol ur a lame

id rather buy a b16 motor ,ecu then a itr tranny

god ur a lame, a b16 tranny is way to short for a stock ls unless ur not planning on keeping up with anybody anywear , unless ur not planning on keepin that ls motor

i went threw two b18as be4 i said fuck b16 tranny and gettin passed up on the freeway by mini vans ,and redlining my poor lil b18a block at 110mph in 5th gear tryin to hang with my freinds doin 130 jus cruisin and pullin on me

b16 tranny + b18a1= spinning rod bearings all the mother fucking time

have fun

Well, first off, the b18a is not permanent, eventually the b17a will be going back in, and that’s what the itr trans is for. Why get the itr trans? cause cost wise it was about the same as rebuilding my ys1 (and adding an LSD), but in addition I also get the 4.7FD instead of the 4.4 that the ys1 has stock.

What you’re saying makes no sense at all, getting passed on the freeways by minivans? First off, if you’re talking about racing, then you’re a moron, that shit is stupid. Racing belongs on the track, not on the streets. Second, I don’t know any minivan out there that would be able to pull on me when starting from freeway speeds (approx 70mph). And my car will pull harder from that speed w/ the gsr ys1 than it would with the stock LS trans since I’d already be higher up in the power band.

Lastly, who cares about 110-130 mph? When am I ever going to go that fast? Never on the streets, I’ll tell you that much. Maybe in the future when I do some more track days it would be possible to see that speed at the end of a straight away right before I started braking… So that means I would want to be near the top of my power band in 5th gear for a track like that. No use having more gearing higher up if you’re not going to use it… If you’re going that fast on the freeway, you’re in idiot and shouldn’t be allowed to drive. That shit is dangerous and you or even worse, some innocent person could get hurt or killed…

Seems to me you don’t have an open mind, aren’t very nice, are probably pretty ignorant, don’t actually want to learn anything by being here on g2ic, have no interest in true racing/motorsports, and are just a childish person who is too quick to make assumptions. I don’t think there is a single person that has read this thread and actually taken anything you said seriously. I know I haven’t been, and just didn’t want to be an ass by saying anything until you decided to try and put me down personally. Thats all I need to say, I will now continue to pay no attention to your immature and unwelcome actions here on g2ic. Good Day.

no van passed me im jus saying 60 mph on the freeway is bout 5500 rpms, and for a ls to stay at thoes rpms for so long will jus kill it hella quick.

u nver said anything about the b17 u jus said u were trading ur perfect tranny/ powerband combo for a even shorter geard tranny that will just have u beating ur motor jus tryin to do the speed limit on the freeway.

from my expirience b18a1 cant handle rpms at all, and it makes pretty good torque so why get a tranny thats gona keep a motor out of it power band (1-5200) and after that everything drops off hp,torque and eventually ur block.

they have that shrt of a geard tranny on a motor that makes no torque and power band is 5500-8200 rpms

so u have fun driving at 5500 rpms on the freeway in 5th gear at 60mph (the speed limit)

so go preech to someone who doesnt already know (u could kill someone blah blah blah) im sure u never went 100mph on the freeway come on now , no one can resist it when there driving a modded DA or DB , they beg to be raced. jus dont do it in traffic, i duno about u but ive been on the freeway when there r only a few cars, and it wasnt fun when i cant hear anything in the car except my muffler at 5500 rpms doing 60 i think u look stupid with ur muffler screamin and ur only doin 60 mph lol speacially when cars take off on u and ur beatin ur motor tryin to hang at 90 mph at 6200 rpms in 5th gear

ill do 65 mph in my ls tranny at 3500 rpms and still in the motors power band/rev limit. and reliability is still there

werd Colin! read his previous threads/posts and you can see he isn’t good for the forum. couple threads had to be closed and deleted because of his postings/provokings.

should just :ban:

I drove my B20Vtec with a YS1 GSR (short gear version) set-up, across the entire U.S., from California to Virginia, and I was getting 34 MPG at best, and 29 at worst on the freeway. (It was a very long 3,000 mile break in drive.) The only problem I see with the short geared tranny, is the 5th gear, which puts the engine at 4,000 RPM’s at 70 mph, and at 80 mph, it’s at 4500 RPMS. (It did cross my mind that keeping my RPM’s so high for so long, on a B20 block with a bad R/S ratio, as well as thinner cylinder walls, would increase the engine wear.)
My previous set-up was with an LSVtec (B18/B16) set-up, with my stock LS tranny, although with an 8.8 lbs ACT flywheel, it was still very tall.
Although in terms of overall gas milage, this more depends on your driving habbits.
Although, with my current B20vtec set-up, the PW0 ECU will make the Air/fuel ratio oscillate between rich to lean below 4,000 RPM, and ALWAYS rich above 4,000 RPM’s (which is above 65 mph on the freeway), which has gotten me lower gas milage, due to the tranny.

obviously you’ve never driven an gsr ys1 b18a combo, at 60mph you’re NO WHERE NEAR 5500rpm, at 60mph in 5th gear you will be at 3318 rpm, thats over 2k less than what you stated… so please, before you go run your mouth, at least get your facts straight.

Oh, and you don’t hit 5500 until 99.4mph…

Thanks for the support Mike :smiley: Sometimes I don’t know why I even bother with these people. Actually I do know why, its because sometimes noob’s don’t know the difference and will actually take what they say seriously, and thats why there is so much bad info being spread round :mad:

anytime Colin :slight_smile:

i guess b18ahf also missed the fact that the speed limit on the freeway is 65mph, not 60mph.

:giggle:

you’d better call Gary Gardella, Lisa Kubo, Steph Papadakis, the Laskey Brothers, Tony Palo, Bob Norwood, Erick Aguilar, and myriad other professional drag racers and let them know they’re wrong then.

christ if they’re only hitting 6’s right now with a slow tranny, think of what they can do with a wicked fast LS transmission y0!!

i’m glad you’re here…you’ve replaced our very own Radzer0 as the poster child for partial-birth abortion.

i jus got back from rippin my lil integra around (90 rs) with i/h/e and ls tranny and i was doing 60mph ,5th gear at 3000

so if a b16 tranny was only 3318 or whatever u said at 60 then ur tryin to say it only makes a 318 rpm diference and i jus remember driving my 88 crx hf b18a and b16 tranny at bout 5000 rpms at like 5mph

also i had some pretty big wheels in the front would that have messed with the speedo a lil bit. cuz trust me ive been on this site for a while and im not tryin to spread around wrong info.

im not no stupid lil kid actin dum and one trackminded i jus drive my integra now and compare it to my crx and my integra is alot better to drive long distances cuz my crx was LOUD when i am driving on the freeway and i hated it.

if ur doin 60 at 3300 rpms then i wil buy a fuckin b16 tranny (mine was a s1) what one ru talkin about.

and my moms old stock integra pulled on me when i went in 4th gear and it took off and never stopped pulling on me. so did a stinkin hyndai or however u spell there gay names pulled on me after the end of 3rd gear and that was embarasing even tho he had i/h/e and mine was stock and i pulled out of the whole and al the way threw 3rd gear

are you driving a honda lawn mower? because no honda i’ve ever been in has 5 mph marked out on the speedometer. :shrug:

seems like it to me with your spelling and use of grammer and punctuation. and the fact you call people “lame”. :english:

:ban: :fingban: