Side Marker/turn Signal Problem

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY 92 LS. WHEN I HIT THE RIGHT TURN SIGNAL SWITCH, THE RIGHT SIDE FRONT MARKER LIGHTS AND THE BUMPER LIGHT GOES ON LIKE FLASHERS LIKE THIS :wahmb:(I DON’T KNOW IF THAT’S NORMAL). ALSO, THE LEFT FRONT SIDE MARKER FLASHES AT THE SAME TIME AS THE RIGHT FRONT MARKER. WHEN I HIT THE LEFT SIDE TURN SIGNAL SWITCH IT DOES THE SAME BUT OPPOSITE SIDES. PLEASE HELP

P.S. I TOOK THE SIDE MARKER OUT AND LOOKED AT THE WIRES…THE LEFT FRONT SIDE MARKER WIRES WERE CONNECTED TOGETHER (I HAVE NO IDEA) WHEN CONNECTED TOGETHER THE MARKER STOPS BLINKING.

Not sure if I understand exactly, but the side markers are controlled by the ICU, you may have a problem with it.

When you say the left side marker wires were connected together, do you mean the yellow, [pos.(+)] and the black, [ground] wires were connected together?:stare:94

I think he means when he turns the turn signal on his corner light flashes at the opposite time that his bumper light flashes (but still in pattern just at differ. times)
if i’m not mistaken all g2’s do that?
mine does anyways.

bumper lights and sidemarkers/corner lights are supposed to be offset (not at the same time)

did u seirously create a thread about this?? ok so ure turn signals work fine, they just flash? WOW.

I’ll See If It’s The Icu Thanks.

Hey Caboose… I Guess It’s Normal For Both Sides To Flash When U Want To Turn Left Or Right??

Hey Caboose… I Guess It’s Normal For Both Sides To Flash When U Want To Turn Left Or Right??
LOL, some people just don’t read the post all the way through before they spout.:tsk:94

sorry for hijacking the thread,
I got a similar problem.
When I put the left turn signal , my right marker blinks along side the left marker, alternating both with the left front turn signal.
But it doesn’t do that when I put right, just right marker with right fron turn signal alternating…ANOTHER simpton of burned ICU???

If your front side markers are acting up, [work, but not properly] it is a very good bet it is the “ICU”, as it is the ICU that blinks them on for signal light, turns them on for park lights and blinks them off for signal light when the park lights are on.:cross:94

hey quattroman, i am having the exact same problem. random things that are apparently controlled by the ICU in my car have been continuing to fail as i drive my car everyday.

i bought an ICU from a member here and when i install it i’ll let you guys know how it goes. i really hope it works :shrug:

just an update for you guys,

i got my ICU from a member here and installed it, now i got my turn signals back turning on with the headlights and blinking correctly. i also got my rear defroster back too.