Smoking after VTEC?

Well here is the last and final update. Got the head off tonight, only to find that cylinder 2 is FUCKED! There was some melting on piston 2 with some aluminum deposits on the piston. Which in turn scored that wall up pretty bad. It had to of been driven hot previous to me getting the engine. So back in goes the LS and the B18c1 goes back on the stand until I can scrape the funds to get the work done. Otherwise Ls/Vtec may be in my future. Only time will tell…

-Josh :owned: :bawl: :sad: :bang: :werd:

sorry about the smileys I just tried to show all the emotions I feel right now…

:frowning:

well josh, there’s always full-race. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dude, that TOTALLY SUCKS!!! I was doing a search tonight to check on some causes of how to tell if a ring goes bad for my freind, and i stumbled upon your thread. I think he may have some bad rings, too, because When he hits VTEC he’s getting alot of gray smoke out of his exhaust, and when he is at idle (after the car is warmed up) he’s experiencing a very small amount of gray smoke, which just more or less looks like he has some fumes blowing on a cold day. I hope it’s just his head gasket, but looks lilke we’re gonna have to put it up in the shop and take it apart to see, this sucks. Anyway, sorry about my rant, and i’m really sorry to hear about your car. I had a swap done and had nothing but problems for a while. I will not do a swap again, i’ll just buy a gsr or something. Good luck with your work, later.

:up: :up: