Stock radiator measurements

Anyone got the stock radiator measurements? I checked the helms but nothing. The reason im asking is im looking replace mine with an aftermarket one but im short on space as im boosted.

Im trying to get an aluminum one that comes close to factory without sacrificing space. I guess if all else fails, ill just buy an OEM and use some water wetter or something.

Thanks
MantisX

Lots of people use the civic half size radiator, however I would not recommend it for a turbo as you really need the extra coolant capacity. Get an all metal one from CX Racing on ebay. They have one custom fit for our cars. Assuming you have no a/c compressor there should be enough room for your turbo manifold.
Heres a pic:

Cool man, I appreciate it. Im not a fan of ebay stuff but I did some quick searches on the radiator you mentioned and alot of people recommend it.

Thanks
MantisX

which manifold are you going to be using?

[QUOTE=paul06660;2011877]Lots of people use the civic half size radiator, however I would not recommend it for a turbo as you really need the extra coolant capacity. Get an all metal one from CX Racing on ebay. They have one custom fit for our cars. Assuming you have no a/c compressor there should be enough room for your turbo manifold.
Heres a pic:
[/QUOTE]

GUH?

Run a quality rad and fan you should have no issues. The only reason people have over heating issues with a half rad, NA or Boost. Is that they leave one side open. Air flow follows the path of less resistance so if next to your rad is WIDE open. All the air will follow through there, barely any will hit the rad.

I’m going to be running a Misimoto rad and fan when my car is boosted.

MantisX, I’m going to be working on my car shortly. I’ll measure the stock rad for you.

Right now I am using a spoolin performance log manifold. With the stock radiator, the compressor housing sits maybe an inch and a half from the radiator. Everything else clears just fine.

Im just worried the mishimoto will be too thick and the compressor housing will actually hit.

Thanks all
MantisX

I’ll take some measurements of my Misimoto tomorrow.

27.5" width, 15.5" height 2.25" thick.

Im tellin ya man, this radiator is bad ass, and I have not had any problems with it yet. Holds pressure just fine, even with like 3 times as much coolant. This thing is a massive 2 inches thick at the top of it.

The only thing I learned about this radiator is that dont fill it all the way up, instead leave a few ounces out. You have to leave a little room for coolant expansion. I filled mine completely the first time and then filled the over flow tank to exactly full. All that extra coolant I did not take into account made it read high in the bottle when it was not. Took awhile to figure it out actually till I started leaving about 2 or 3 ounces out from the top. Remember this thing holds about 3 times as much coolant as the oem thickness radiator.

Misimoto rad is 14.25" wide by 16.75" tall by 2" thick.

Great! That helps a ton. Itll be close but I think ill be ok. I just ordered mine today along with some gates radiator hoses. I cant wait.

MantisX

and very pretty, if you get the slim fan it saves alot of space. :slight_smile:

here’s mine

I just need my slim fan and hoses and I’ll be putting mine in.

Hey B20teg,

Where did you get that grounding cable?
Love the radiator. Mine needs to be polished to be shiny like yours.
What kind of tubing is that going from the radiator outlet to the over flow tank?

Oh yeah.
CXRacing raidator size:
Overall Size: 26.5"x17.5"x2"
Core Size: 26.5"x13"x2"
1.25" Inlet & Outlet

i made my grounding strap from some good quality wire from a stereo store and some gold ends… soldered them on and heat shrinked the wrapping.

looks just like that only the cover is brown instead of red.

[QUOTE=paul06660;2013496]Hey B20teg,

Where did you get that grounding cable?
Love the radiator. Mine needs to be polished to be shiny like yours.
What kind of tubing is that going from the radiator outlet to the over flow tank?

Oh yeah.
CXRacing raidator size:
Overall Size: 26.5"x17.5"x2"
Core Size: 26.5"x13"x2"
1.25" Inlet & Outlet[/QUOTE]

grounding cable is from a audio store like the other guy said. the tubing i believe is from ACE, its on my catch can and brake booster also. looks pwetty dont it :slight_smile:

The hoses remind me of the compressed CO2 hoses used on the Soft Drink system at work. I would swear it was the same hose.