Supercharger or turbo for the B18a???

Why is it that companies never sell stuff for OBD0! It’s starting to piss me off. I want to be able to buy a kit and not have to worry about rigging crap together. Shouldn’t these kits work with the B18a? If not… Why?

What do you mean? Nothing for ODB0…many guys here are boosted without converting…

What is the real question you are asking? Or are you just complaining about your lack of research.

No no…

I’m saying that many… almost every company that makes a supercharger or a turbo for an Integra only makes it for the 94 and up. What I really want to know is why won’t these systems for the 94+ won’t fit my 90 B18a, or why they don’t make one.

the firewall is too close to the intake manifold, its an old car, more profit with relatively newer cars, obd1, etc etc

Re: Supercharger or turbo for the B18a???

Originally posted by Mech
Why is it that companies never sell stuff for OBD0! It’s starting to piss me off. I want to be able to buy a kit and not have to worry about rigging crap together. Shouldn’t these kits work with the B18a? If not… Why?

B18A Forced Induction/Turbo Kits OVERBOOST.com
Overboost Stage 1 Gen II +80HP Turbo Kit 1990-1993 Acura Integra (Some Fabrications Needed)
_$3,277.30
__
Overboost Stage 2 Gen II +100 HP Turbo Kit 1990-1993 Acura Integra (Some Fabrications Needed)
_$5,045.95
_
__
Overboost Stage 3 Gen II +150 HP Turbo Kit 1990-1993 Acura Integra (Some Fabrications Needed)
_$5,167.24
__
Overboost Stage 4 Gen II 200+ HP Turbo Kit 1990-1993 Acura Integra (Some Fabrications Needed)
_$5,410.47
_
_
Overboost Stage 4 Gen III +200 HP Turbo Kit 1994-2001 Acura Integra GSR
_$

Hey thanks for posting those, someone told me they didnt’ make S/C’s for g2 tegs, but he was wrong! Anyway, do they have any cheaper ones for our carS? 3000+ for such a small gain is a lot, i was hoping more in the 2000$ range for the low end model. Actually i had just made up my mind i wanted to get a S/C instead of going turbo, because dont’ they require a lot less maintenance??? I heard turbos aren’t good for daily drivers and thats kinda what i am, i wont’ park it over winter, but i am in college so i wouldn’t use it that much. However with buying a new S/C i thought maybe they would be more reliable correcT? plus always a constant HP gain. I would also like to know, are these just bolt on S/C?? If so that would be great, but if not what else what i need? Before i get either a turbo or a S/C i would do a rebuild.

theyre not necessarily more reliable. you cant mount a roots type supercharger, but you can mount a centrifugal type sc. its a regular snail turbo but with a shaft on the side connecting to the pulleys (vortech). instead of replacing the intake manifold, it sits up front.

bottom line: turbos are preferred over superchargers. its been discussed a million times over, try www.honda-tech.com

Originally posted by DAMCOOLDAV
Hey thanks for posting those, someone told me they didnt’ make S/C’s for g2 tegs, but he was wrong! Anyway, do they have any cheaper ones for our carS? 3000+ for such a small gain is a lot, i was hoping more in the 2000$ range for the low end model. Actually i had just made up my mind i wanted to get a S/C instead of going turbo, because dont’ they require a lot less maintenance??? I heard turbos aren’t good for daily drivers and thats kinda what i am, i wont’ park it over winter, but i am in college so i wouldn’t use it that much. However with buying a new S/C i thought maybe they would be more reliable correcT? plus always a constant HP gain. I would also like to know, are these just bolt on S/C?? If so that would be great, but if not what else what i need? Before i get either a turbo or a S/C i would do a rebuild.

From my knowledge, don’t spend less than $2500 for a FULL turbo kit with intercooler. You don’t want to mess woth workmanship when it comes to PSI. If you only want to spend 2K, open up your exhaust, intake, run a full hot ignition, and fuel system. Also get a underdrive pulley.

None of those were supercharger kits and everything you thought was wrong, keep doing research.

Originally posted by Stu
None of those were supercharger kits and everything you thought was wrong, keep doing research.

No Im not “wrong” I posted TURBO kits not Supercharger kits. His original post was asking about both so I provided a know vendor of B18a turbo kits. www.Overboost.com

I did not find any superchargers for B18a. I found only 1994 and up. I know people have them on G2 Tegs but they may have engine swaps to B16s or G3 Tegs http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/yourcar/. Them might be custom units on B18a’s. I’ll keep searching! I’m curious to know too!

why do you want SC over turbo? what type of driving/racing are you planning to do? only reason i would go SC is if i autocross and maybe even road racing. IMO SC has no advantages over todays turbo technology.
go to http://www.maxrev.com/ they can build you whatever kit you want and even keep the AC.

only way you can get a turbo kit for $2000 is if you piece it together yourself. like junkyard turbo, intercooler, bov, injectors, etc.

Originally posted by azboyz
[B]why do you want SC over turbo? what type of driving/racing are you planning to do? only reason i would go SC is if i autocross and maybe even road racing. IMO SC has no advantages over todays turbo technology.
go to http://www.maxrev.com/ they can build you whatever kit you want and even keep the AC.

only way you can get a turbo kit for $2000 is if you piece it together yourself. like junkyard turbo, intercooler, bov, injectors, etc. [/B]

MECH and DAMCOOLDAV were looking into S/C and turbo’s.
I found a universal kit:
http://www.procharger.com/SPORT_COMPACT/sport_compact.shtml

That Maxrev kit looks cool. I’d assume there would be some custom fitting to do still. It says it fits any B series, but the engine bays will vary. Nice!

I checked the big names for S/C’s and found nothing for B18a’s

http://www.jacksonracing.com

http://www.procharger.com
HttP://www.overboost.com

Just get a turbo, lol!!!

Danblackracing, I wasn’t talking to you.

GO AWAY!!!

Originally posted by Stu

Dude- quit acting like you know everything! You are probably some stupid ass skinny 16 year old with a shitty car. None of your posts help anybody with anything. “Grammar is your friend”? how dorky can you get. Go to a literature site if you want grammar!

Re: GO AWAY!!!

Originally posted by 2gtegra
Dude- quit acting like you know everything! You are probably some stupid ass skinny 16 year old with a shitty car. None of your posts help anybody with anything. “Grammar is your friend”? how dorky can you get. Go to a literature site if you want grammar!

Shut, up.