Tanabe Medalion Touring Exhaust Bumper Gap

I see you’ve got a 91, I just checked your profile. So that answers my second question. I’d still be interested in seeing how it fits on your car if you can post some pics. Thanks.

that’s funny, I have a hyper medallion on my 90 GS. When I first installed it I spent quite a bit of time tweaking the hangers near the muffler because it made a loud buzzing sound when it would contact the undercarriage, not sure where… Ended up hanging it a wee bit lower…

that’s strange because my muffler tip touches the rear bumber.:slight_smile: i will show pics tomorrow!!!

jh4da9.dd - did you get the Touring Medalion?

yep.Tanabe Medallion Touring. ILOVEit. Sounds nice and wicked.:rockon:

sweet, where did you order from? I ordered one from auto city imports last week, should be here in a couple days…:dance:

ShowStoppers…Although auto city imports has a great price, i just found out about it.

Here are some pics of the SWEET Medallion Exhaust on mine DA.

And here’s some clearance. Good enough clearance for me.

WOW. I LOVE this thing…Hope it influenced you guys.

jh4da9.dd, lookin’ good man!

Here’s mine:

:burnout:

Oh, mine contacted the underbody until I did some adjustments to one of the hangers. Nothing a couple of whacks with the rubber mallet couldn’t fix…

I r jealous :frowning:

sound clip

Here’s an in-car sound clip of my Tanabe Touring Medalion for anyone trying to decide what exhaust to get… Just moderate acceleration up to the speed limit with windows up, but I rev it to 5k, so you get a good idea of what it sounds like. To be honest, I wish it was a -little- louder, but the sound quality is really nice. I think if you want to go stealth (in terms of sound level only - the tip is pretty big and blingy), Touring Medalion is the way, but if you ‘gots ta have tha Woo woo!’ = a lot louder than stock, go for a Super Hyper Medalion, or something from another company. You’ll never get a headache from the Touring Medalion, and it doesn’t drone on the hwy making conversations impossible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPT7Ox1-7Q

Oh, and it feels like my torque curve is much smoother since replacing my DNX (I think made by Dynomax) cat-back with the Tanabe. I loved the sound of the Dynomax muffler, but it necked down from 2.5" to almost 1.5" at the flange where it went over the rear axle, and I think that caused some notches in the torque curve.

i think i heard every road noise possible but your exhaust in that video

See,… goes to show how quiet it really is. I would describe my tanabe medallion catback as “sounds stock until you get on it”. Not fart-can at all :up:

LOL, that dont mean shit, my exhaust is quiet also as long as i dont get on it. :down:

Yeah, it’s pretty quiet. I should post a sound clip of my old DNX system (fairly loud). Ideally, I’d like my exhaust volume to be between the two. Of course, aftermarket intake/header/cat would make it louder.

ok well my def of “fart-can” is like you’re leaving the gas station and heads-turn to see what the loud farting sound is, but oh,… it’s that honda moving 3 m.p.h.

this exhaust is not like that. by the time ppl look it’s because you’re red-lining and then it doesn’t sound like a fart anyways :slight_smile:

and it’s much quieter than the time I drove to the muffler shop with only a header and no cat or exhaust. swear the trooper highway patrol was randomly hanging-out @ every off-ramp and traffic light that day too :stare: oh yeah and I had not put the hood back on and I didn’t know how to adjust the throttle so it was conveniently idling at 4000 rpm. Sounded like a 10-foot-tall lawn mower.