tranny and/or clutch problem, need HELP

Hello all…i recently bought a 1991 integra GS, it ran fine for awhile…but now it has problems with the clutch or tranny. problem started when i was at a stop, then when i press down on the clutch the pedal felt strange. then later on it was difficult to even put it in gear when the clutch is pressed all the way, BUT when i only step on the clutch 1/4 of the way it goes into gear fine no problems at all. Now, my question is…could it be that the clutch is just giving out and i just need to replace it? or could it be a tranny issue? im thinking its the clutch…any reason as to why its behaving this way if it is indeed the clutch? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1a/b5/0d/0900823d801ab50d.jsp

check out that link, maybe it could be a clutch cable adjustment issue?

oh yeah…i forgot to add, when the car is in gear and moving…when i slam on the gas pedal the rpm’s goes up and the car is accellarating very slowly, seems like the clutch is slipping. if anyone else is experiencing anything similar to what i have posted and found what the problem is, please reply. thanks in advance.

Clutch took a shit on you. Pickup a new one and lightened flywheel and your ready to go.

yep definitely sounds like ur clutch is dead now.

Good to hear that its only the clutch. when i replace the clutch, should i resurface the flywheel?? and how much would it cost to do so? i just ordered a new clutch kit off of ebay… any comments on the quality of ebay clutches? i’ve never replaced a clutch before, but im sure theres detail instructions on this site…well search for it. thanks again for the help.

I would get a lightened flywheel. I got one and would never go back. But if you insist on keeping your stock one its gonna need to be resurfaced.