tranny + syncromesh = ???

ok i just flushed the tranny and put in penzoil syncromesh… i had a 3rd gear grind.

now the clutch is Alot softer…it got a lil bit harder at the end of the test drive but it should be harder… is is the syncromesh that makes it softer. its a act 4 puck clutch in a b17.

as far as product ive heard that it may take a lil bit for me to notice the difference?? 3rd gear didnt grind at first but i did a few passes and it grinded a lil bit on 2. will it gradually go away or am i just looking at a rebuild here???

i want to eliminate the grind completely i cant have it

thanks in advance

syncromesh takes time to lessen the grind! drive it for a week or so and it should stop alot of the grind, depending on how severe it was!

If its still grinding there is not much you can do. I’ve personally never used that fluid, I have used a Lucas additive that has covered up a grind. Its probably similar stuff. Bottom line is the only real fix is replacing the synchro.

It shouldn’t affect your clutch… only your transmission…

is there any other explanation for the clutch feeling… cuz before it use to grab hard. and now its just shifting smooth. its an unsprung clutch so you the difference im describing???

or is that what this stuff is just supposed to do

thanks for the responces by the way

how much did u spend on syncromesh??? just wondering cuz im gonna be puttin’ it in my tranny and was curious how much it costs about…
-Q

about 10bucks give or take

i got 3 quarts… it cost me like 6 bucks a quart

Make sure your cable adjustment is correct. If your clutch engages too quickly off the floor, then the gears are harder to get into (possible grindage), and if it engages too far off the floor, then if could wear the clutch due to partial engagement.

as said before you have a cable clutch, so the tranny fluid should have no affect on how it grabs.
when i switched to synchromesh to get rid of a grind it took a few days of driving to get rid of it completely.

well the clutch stiffness got itself sorted out… its hard again…i dunno it was weird that first drive. but the car is not driving daily yet. i just bought it and started working on it. i still cant drive it until its insured so… i probably wont notice the difference for a while. but it shift smoother and the grind wasnt as bad…

thanks for the help guys

now on to my next problem … the cooling fan… who wants to help me make this thing come on LOL