transmission computer is throwing codes: 8,1,2,3,7

Well i hate to start another transmission thread, but i have been searching and searching for the answer i cant find it.
These parts are so damn expensive!!!

I own a 1990 integra and the transmission computer is throwing codes: 8,1,2,3,7

I bought a shift solenoid brand new for $100.00(thats the cheapest i could find).
But before i put the thing on , i would like to be positive that I have diagnosed my problem correctly.

My car wouldnt start after i parked it at the gas station…finally it started and was stuck in third gear with the s3 light on/or blinking(i cant remember)

code 3 says TP sensor…is that the throttle position sensor? Why would that affect the transmission?

Any help would be appreciated …also i dont know how to reset transmission computer codes(just take the positive cable off the battery??)

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]Feedback Rating: 0 bunping old thread for sake of information
my piece did the flashing S3 light ever since i bought it. On tuesday it stopped working for an hour, so on wednsday i swapped the solenoids.

The flashing S3 light is happening again. So what next?

TCM codes are 1…2…3…7…8

since i tried the first solution… solenoids… i tried unplugging the MFR today when the S3 light flashed. It fixed the problem.

so, if your solenoids don’t fix it, definitely try the MFR. Pain in the ass i spent a day swapping solenoids.

Feedback Rating: 0 bunping old thread for sake of information
my piece did the flashing S3 light ever since i bought it. On tuesday it stopped working for an hour, so on wednsday i swapped the solenoids.

The flashing S3 light is happening again. So what next?

TCM codes are 1…2…3…7…8

since i tried the first solution… solenoids… i tried unplugging the MFR today when the S3 light flashed. It fixed the problem.

so, if your solenoids don’t fix it, definitely try the MFR. Pain in the ass i spent a day swapping solenoids.

SHOULD I TRY THIS FIRST???