Trying to remove DRAIN COCK wont budge?

I am trying to flush the coolant since I am installing a new thermostat in the car. Now I am a little confused as to how I can drain the water. I removed both radiator hoses but I believe their is still water in the block thats probably dirty as shit. I cant unscrew the plastic drain cock on the bottom of the radiator for some reason (super low bad access fear of cracking?) so how can I do this?

Not sure about this but try spraying wd-40 on it to loosen it up. Not sure if wd-40 is compatible with plastic. Someone chime in if its okay to use this stuff to loosen it.

Pliers/vice grips. Just be careful not to break it.

Removing that drain is only going to drain the radiator, if you’ve already removed the hoses then all the water that will flow out of the block has already done so…

It might break with those tools if its not somehow lubricated. Also you might want to replace the plug with a new OEM one. It has the fresh gasket seal.

Not saying it’s not a good idea to try some penetrating fluid too. Just saying that if you can’t get it by hand, you need to use some sort of tool unless you don’t want to remove it.

If it’s something that HAS to be removed then you just keeep trying and trying till it comes out or something breaks, those are your only options at that point.

Just lookin out for the OP so he won’t have to break anything by using penetrating oil of some sort.

Honestly I’d be surprised if the penetrating oil works and he’s able to do it by hand… Only time I can ever get that thing off easily is when it’s on a car with a drain cock which I’ve installed. Same goes for oil filters. Seems like if someone else puts that shit on it ain’t ever coming off…

Well I don’t know what is left at the bottom of the radiator which might be dirty and I figured that was lower the the lower rad. hose so it would be good to take it off. But I am gonna just leave it be old plastic is brittle.

I’m guessing it is brittle and if you use alot of force, it will break. Good luck.

[QUOTE=CarbonDeAyy;2046528]I am trying to flush the coolant since I am installing a new thermostat in the car. Now I am a little confused as to how I can drain the water. I removed both radiator hoses but I believe their is still water in the block thats probably dirty as shit. QUOTE]

there is a drain plug right in the front of the block…i believe its a 19mm ,pull it to drain the rest of the fluid in the block if u think its dirty

he said drain cock
lol

LOL… I laughed when I read the flush I bought thats what the bottle said…

[QUOTE=rayzda;2046641]he said drain cock
lol[/QUOTE]

Damn it! That was going to be my reply. Great minds think alike?