unknown cel issue

ok so i just changed out my transmission after letting the car sit for about 10 months.
it cranks but wont start
but thats not my main concern
when i turn the key the dummys lights turn on but the cel doesnt
and i dont hear the normal chimes like you usually would
i know for a fact that the bulb is working

any idea why the cel doesnt turn on and why it doesnt chime?

well u should get 3 clicks coinciding with the first 3 beeps. then 2 more beeps after that cuz of seatbelt or something like that.

if u put the key to position 2 then the CEL doesn’t flash 3 times, that either means that ur cluster is out, the bulb is out or u have an issue with the ecu.

and how can u be sure that the bulb is working?

also regarding ur car cranking but not starting… is the fuel pump priming?

fuel pump was definitly priming… i dropped the motor when i changed the transmission… when i tried to start her up this morning i saw fuel squirting out in a stream from the old seals

ill try to switch the bulb for something else in the cluster but im pretty sure it works. unless bulbs can go out from non use.
i just tried the ecu from the car i dd and still no cel flash
ill try switching the bulbs when i get off work

[QUOTE=aznj;2041137]fuel pump was definitly priming… i dropped the motor when i changed the transmission… when i tried to start her up this morning i saw fuel squirting out in a stream from the old seals

ill try to switch the bulb for something else in the cluster but im pretty sure it works. unless bulbs can go out from non use.
i just tried the ecu from the car i dd and still no cel flash
ill try switching the bulbs when i get off work[/QUOTE]

yea u can do that. or u could swap out a cluster if u have a spare or something. bulbs can go out for almost any reason. even in perfect conditions they can go out. they aren’t LEDs… so anything can happen. sometimes even new bulbs don’t work.

well im too lazy to fix the cel right now im just trying to figure out why its not starting… its starting to annoy me now
fuel pump primes and theres spark but it wont start
when i turn the key i hear it trying to pressurize the system but it doesnt stop.
no fuel leaks atm.
dont know where to start to fix this though.

changed the bulb today… cel still doesnt come on…

Edit: turns out it was the ground on the thermostat housing being loose…
started up but doesnt sound right… guess thats what i get for leaving it sitting for a year