Vacuum hoses... where they go?

Okay… On the firewall, next to the MAP sensor there are 2 round solenoids… with 2 connections each.

I’m pretty sure one connects to the FPR but I don’t know where the other goes, nor do I know where the rest of the hoses for those 2 solenoids go.

Any help appreciated.

Harry

The left one (as you’re looking at the firewall) is for the FPR, but didn’t you swap in a VTEC head? If so don’t even worry about running a vacuum line to it - I didn’t and it just sits there looking goofy right now. Instead just run a line from the FPR to a vacuum source from the intake mani. The right one is your EVAP purge solenoid. Run a vacuum line to bottom of it from the intake manifold and run a line from the upper nipple to the EVAP canister which is on the pass. side of the firewall.

Sounds good… Where does the vacuum hose go from the top of the throttlebody? not the red one going down to the canister, there’s a small one that leads somewhere…

Thanks,

Harry

Also… On the head… look at where the coolant comes in from the top of the radiator… U see there’s 2 little nipples on the back side??? Tell me where that one goes. I don’t think the other does anything.

Thanks,

Harry

Originally posted by Aut0tek
Sounds good… Where does the vacuum hose go from the top of the throttlebody? not the red one going down to the canister, there’s a small one that leads somewhere.
That one is actually the vacuum source for the Fuel Purge Solenoid (if I remember correctly). It’s either that or the EVAP solenoid, but in any case that nipple can be used as a vacuum source instead of using a T-fitting off the intake manifold. Hope that made sense.

You’re using a B16A head right? The fitting right next to the water neck actually routes to the fitting under the throttle body and then exits out the back and goes to the FIT valve and then to the IAC sensor and then into either the t-stat housing or a nipple on the intake manifold flange (can’t remember how the B16A is setup). HTH

okay… on the coolant thing… it goes from the neck on the head, to the throttle body, out the throttlebody into the big thing on the back of the Intake manifold, right? Then… I guess maybe it goes into the big tube on the back of the block closer to the water pump?

that will still leave one on the t-stat housing open the way I’ve got it done but I think it’s wrong so far. :frowning:

Harry

Originally posted by Aut0tek
[B]okay… on the coolant thing… it goes from the neck on the head, to the throttle body, out the throttlebody into the big thing on the back of the Intake manifold, right? Then… I guess maybe it goes into the big tube on the back of the block closer to the water pump?

that will still leave one on the t-stat housing open the way I’ve got it done but I think it’s wrong so far. :frowning:

Harry [/B]
I was thinking about how I set mine up, I had to get creative because I used a B18C1 block/head with the LS t-stat which makes it weird. That’s what got me confused. For yours the hose coming out of the IAC should go to the nipple on the black water tube (on the back of the block). There should be 2 nipples on the t-stat, one goes to the firewall for you heater and the other goes to the outlet on the intake manifold flange (just above the t-stat). If you want I can take a digital picture from my Helm’s and email it to ya, it might help you out.

Why don’t u just come down here and take a look at this thing :wink:

haha.

On my t-stat housing there are 3 nipples, 2 large ones and one smaller one, which is the same size as the larger vacuum nipples on the intake manifold.

Which still leaves me with 1 open. :frowning: