which speaker setup?

i got a quote from an audio store today to buy the sony L600x head unit and infinity 6 1/2 up front and 51/2 in the back ( this is the 652i series speakers.)and they said they would install my 2 old amps my jlw6 and give me a box for $380. is this a good price? is there any better setups i can do for about the same price?

i think thats an alright price. what i would do is ask to see pictures of some of their installations and if possible, listen to some of the cars they have at the shop. the sound quality of the cars and quality of installations in the pictures would determine my decision. HTH.

Re: which speaker setup?

Originally posted by simonkim
i got a quote from an audio store today to buy the sony L600x head unit and infinity 6 1/2 up front and 51/2 in the back ( this is the 652i series speakers.)

First of all, I thought the rear speakers were 6.5’s. But either way, unless you have people in the rear seat all the time, I recomend not doing rear speakers and spend that money on the front speakers. The most crucial part of your install is the front speakers, so might as well get good ones. The rear speakers will just detract from a good sounding system IMO. Why not instead step up to the Kappa’s up front? Or better yet a component set?

[/B][/QUOTE]
and they said they would install my 2 old amps my jlw6 and give me a box for $380. is this a good price? is there any better setups i can do for about the same price? [/B][/QUOTE]

Is that a prefab box or custom built? Is it form fitting to vehicle, or a standard drop in box? What kind of finish will it have? Our custom fiberglass boxes are around that price. For a standard box, we charge $45 a cubic foot, $15 per angle, and $15 for porting. An example would be a 2 cube sealed with an angle face for $105. But then your price seems to reflect how the other shops around town charge.