10.5-11:1 with boost?

if all youre lookin to do is run 12’s, theres no need to sleeve

i said “i want to build a 12 second integra. thats reliable and street legal.” but one thing i forgot to mention is that i want it to LAST. I wanna run 12’s for a long time and not have to do anything but change the oil and put gas in it.

i definately know what a stock block can do, but it seems like most of the people that build motors with the stock block end up rebuilding after a season.

im running 11:5 with b16 pistons, rods, 18crank and block b16 head, golden eagle gasket running 8psi daily driven and beat on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: its been a year now and i havent had any issues. it was tuned by j-k-tuning.com using uberdata 440 dsm injectors, i run 93 pump gas.

[QUOTE=kyle10182;1681446]i said “i want to build a 12 second integra. thats reliable and street legal.” but one thing i forgot to mention is that i want it to LAST. I wanna run 12’s for a long time and not have to do anything but change the oil and put gas in it.

i definately know what a stock block can do, but it seems like most of the people that build motors with the stock block end up rebuilding after a season.[/QUOTE]

i still dont see the point in sleeving… its not like you’re going to be make 600+ hp and pushing 30lbs+ of boost. jeff evan’s gf or wife or whatever she is has/had a car that made over 700hp on a unsleeved block and ran the thing for atleast a year and held up fine as far as i know…

As long as you have a good tune, change the oil, run the highest octane pump gas you can get and check the plugs regularly, there is no reason that the motor wont last…

Running 12’s these days is easy… its not the same as it was 5 years ago when getting into 10’s meant you were god…

[QUOTE=SweetChin;1681895]i still dont see the point in sleeving… its not like you’re going to be make 600+ hp and pushing 30lbs+ of boost. jeff evan’s gf or wife or whatever she is has/had a car that made over 700hp on a unsleeved block and ran the thing for atleast a year and held up fine as far as i know…

As long as you have a good tune, change the oil, run the highest octane pump gas you can get and check the plugs regularly, there is no reason that the motor wont last…

Running 12’s these days is easy… its not the same as it was 5 years ago when getting into 10’s meant you were god…[/QUOTE]

because i want it to LAST and take tons of abuse! not to mention, the stock sleeves are fucked up. it was bored wayyy too loose the first time.

what are people doing to get these heavy ass integras into the 12’s all motor then? im just curious. my plans involve boosting, but im wondering what this build would equate to in an N/A car.

I mean, I want to build a 12 second Integra, that is reliable and street legal.

This is feasible.

Because I want it to LAST and take tons of abuse!

That will cost you 5 grand in parts and machine work.
Then the cost of maintenance to endure the “tons of abuse”
I’m pretty sure that a JDM ITR motor is somewhere close to 10.8:1-11.1:1 and I’ve seen a few and driven one (USDM) that was supercharged (8psi). I can honestly say that it was driven hard daily… for about 2 years before it was traded in for a EVO. He went through tires every 3 months and it was not because of a camber prob.

[QUOTE=kyle10182;1682193]because i want it to LAST and take tons of abuse! not to mention, the stock sleeves are fucked up. it was bored wayyy too loose the first time.

what are people doing to get these heavy ass integras into the 12’s all motor then? im just curious. my plans involve boosting, but im wondering what this build would equate to in an N/A car.[/QUOTE]

you cant compare FI and NA setups… its takes a LOT more to get a NA setup into the 12’s

How big was your block bored out to?

[QUOTE=SweetChin;1682327]you cant compare FI and NA setups… its takes a LOT more to get a NA setup into the 12’s

How big was your block bored out to?[/QUOTE]

it was fucked up. it was supposed to be .25 over, but the pistons knocked all over the place. they told me it was a little looser then they wanted but i’d be fine. they lied.