13 second b16a1 in 2gteg

i have a b16a1 with a 75 shot, among other things, and it runs strong. you wont believe the way it pulls when your in the vtec and spraying. im not sure what i run but its probably low 14’s, i need to get my cam gears adjusted and run it @ the track.

How’s the 75 shot working out? I was thinking about putting some nitrous on my car. Any modifications or upgrades needed for a 75 shot? I was just thinking about a 50 shot for now.

well it runs very strong with stock internals. i will be upgrading my cams and valvesprings/retainers soon but i dont think it is too necessary.(i might get a deal on some type R cams though). i recommed the 75 not 50 shot because you will want to upgrade … i already do:D also you should get a ZEX kit. works very, very well.

I’ll probably go with the 50 shot. Don’t want to risk too much ya know? I already have some ITR cams and will get some ITR valvetrain soon. For $200, you can get ITR intake and exhaust springs with retainers. There is this place I know you can order from. About the ZEX kit, I was thinking about them. Which is better? Wet or dry? I don’t know too much about nitrous.

b16teg, do you have a 92-93 gsr cluster? if not, how did you get the 8k redline tachometer in there? did you just take the one out of the JDM cluster and swap it into the USDM cluster? i have a b16a in now, and i want to have that 9 on the tach, hahaha. alright, thanks

Originally posted by IntegBoy91
b16teg, do you have a 92-93 gsr cluster? if not, how did you get the 8k redline tachometer in there? did you just take the one out of the JDM cluster and swap it into the USDM cluster? i have a b16a in now, and i want to have that 9 on the tach, hahaha. alright, thanks

yeah, it is the jdm cluster but i have the usdm speedometer on it cause i cant read k/hr.:slight_smile:

Originally posted by akirax
I’ll probably go with the 50 shot. Don’t want to risk too much ya know? I already have some ITR cams and will get some ITR valvetrain soon. For $200, you can get ITR intake and exhaust springs with retainers. There is this place I know you can order from. About the ZEX kit, I was thinking about them. Which is better? Wet or dry? I don’t know too much about nitrous.

the wet kit is best, less harmful. at least that is what i have and thats what i heard, anyone correct me if im wrong. if you got cams you dont have anything to worry about.

Sweet…

Guess I’ll have to look for some good deals then :wink:

can i hear some advantages of wet systems over dry systems preferably the Zex system im planning to run Zex in my b16a1

Originally posted by dElPHilSvTeC858
can i hear some advantages of wet systems over dry systems preferably the Zex system im planning to run Zex in my b16a1

i dont know of any but i’ve heard that it is safer. i know it makes you haul as$.:smiley:

Originally posted by b16Teg
yeah, it is the jdm cluster but i have the usdm speedometer on it cause i cant read k/hr.:slight_smile:

hey b16Teg, in order for the “k/hr - to - mph” conversion to work, did you have to swap the speedo mechanical parts? or did you just swap the speedo gauges?

niether…its 10mph off so when it says im doing 80 im really going 70. im gonna get that fixed one day but im used to it now.:slight_smile:

thats ghetto, lol

lol. yeah but i havent had time to fix it.