13 second b16a1 in 2gteg

u guys might remember me from the LSVTEC question i had recently. i talked of shooting for a 13seond on slicks daily driver. since then i was wondering if i put a b16a in my teg how much would it take to run 13’s on slicks no seats except one sparco sprint in it. my plans involve already using a bottle of 70-75 shot (depending on the system i decide on) and valves, retainers and springs. and would the tranny that would come one the JDM b16a1 be good enough to achieve this goal. what else might i wanna upgrade to better my chances of a dialy driven 13 second car???:slight_smile:

turbo can get you in the 13’s easily

hey u live in clairemont that old pic looks like its on my friends ld street.

On slicks, just N2O and you’ll be straight.

hmmm i hope so i mean itll be a 75 shot but im a do some other stuff for reliability reason. anyone with a b16a in theyre teg id like to hear some ET’s and recommendations for tranny. can i run mine which already has shorter gears in it??? or will i have to get another and which kind thanx for the info.

Originally posted by dElPHilSvTeC858
hey u live in clairemont that old pic looks like its on my friends ld street.

yuuup, clariemont. where do you live?

I just dropped in a JDM b16a with ITR cams into my teg with the S1 tranny. The gears are a lot shorter than the YS1 LS tranny. Of course, you can rev pretty darn high on the b16a with some good valve train.

You probably could make 13s with the nitrous and definitely with turbos.

i live in both clairemont and mira mesa. mostly in mira mesa now but i go down there alot to finish school.
but anyways thanks for the info. ill look into the setup. it seems like in the long run that b16a1 would be cheaper for me since its hard for me to get my hands on just any head for the LSVTEC conversion. i figure if i have to buy the whole motor the whole motorsgoing in it. also my LS has 163k on it and im not that financially fit to replace everything(valves springs retainers) right away. that wouldnt be fun to float a valve.

yeah, thats exacly why i am going to swap in a b16a. i’m at school right now checking my mail and shiet, in clairemont… madison high school. alright dude, catch you later. peace

Originally posted by akirax
[B]I just dropped in a JDM b16a with ITR cams into my teg with the S1 tranny. The gears are a lot shorter than the YS1 LS tranny. Of course, you can rev pretty darn high on the b16a with some good valve train.

You probably could make 13s with the nitrous and definitely with turbos. [/B]

Waht other mods do you have besides the ITR cams? How do you like how the car runs…?

All I have is the Iceman CAI. I should be getting the JDM 4-1 ITR header pretty soon.

Just with the engine, cams, and CAI, it runs pretty damn good. I like how the S1 tranny feels compared to the YS1 LS tranny. It feels nice when you get into the higher rpms especially cruisin’ pass people on the highway like it ain’t no thing :wink:

Originally posted by akirax
[B]All I have is the Iceman CAI. I should be getting the JDM 4-1 ITR header pretty soon.

Just with the engine, cams, and CAI, it runs pretty damn good. I like how the S1 tranny feels compared to the YS1 LS tranny. It feels nice when you get into the higher rpms especially cruisin’ pass people on the highway like it ain’t no thing :wink: [/B]

I feel you on that one, “cruisin past people on the highway like it ain’t no thing.”:stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait to get my car back.

so with the bottle and b16a swap i should hit 13’s damn. any weakness to the b16a and nitrous setup except the obvious

Not really…

The b16a is a pretty strong performance engine. It is made to run fast and hard. You should be fine with the n20

finally some light at the end of the tunnel. with my hopes on LS/VTEC being distroyed with all the ups and down i thought why not a small motor that is engineered for high rpm and faster revs all around. thanks for the info now comes the hard part…saving more money:p

Cool…

if you look around hard, you can find a GOOD deal on the engine with tranny. I got mine for $750 :wink: and I got my ECU separate. It still came out to around $950 (not including S&H). Good luck to ya.

A local shop offers a package. B16a1 axles ecu tranny every thing u need to drive it away except a intake for around 2000-2200$ thats whith installation is this a good deal???

Originally posted by dElPHilSvTeC858
A local shop offers a package. B16a1 axles ecu tranny every thing u need to drive it away except a intake for around 2000-2200$ thats whith installation is this a good deal???

What year is you r teg? If, 91, try and fins a 2nd gen jdm 170hp motor. You can find the motor itself for under 1000, all you would need is a vtec programmed ecu. Axles… are the same.

its a 90LS. are talking about a JDM b16a1???

yeah, but the 2nd generation jdm b16 makes 10 more hp and usually has less miles because it is newer. Compression is higher and the intake cam is a little better. You can put in either motor, but the easier as far as wiring is the 1st generation b16a motor/white clip for your car.