1990 LS problem

i have an LS integra all stock…everyhting seems fine but it seems to be lacking power…in all gears you floor the gas and the car barely moves…its like its boggin down…idle is fine oil is good anyone know what it could be?

plugged cat?
fuel filter?

Dose the clutch feel like it is slipping? Also see if one of your breaks are sticking.

clutch seems fine and how would i check the cat or fuel filter?

The fuel filter is on the firewall on the passenger side. I recommend replacing it because there is know way to see if it is bad or not. Now with the cat, take the car to a shop and they will put a camera up the pipe to check. But even that might not say if its bad or not. Buying a new cat is your best bet. Change the fuel filter first. Clean out the intake and sensors and see where you stand from there. GL

well ill change the filer this week…but the car does drive and does move it just takes time to get up to speed.
and also what senors do i clean? and how?

This is the one to clean http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=15&TopicID=163843&PagePosition=2 Its going to be in the back of your intake manifold.

thanks for the help…will update soon

when was the last time the car had a tune up? cap/rotor, plugs/wires, oil filter/oil, radiator flush,thermostat replaced,fuel filter changed…

easy way to check if cat is the culprit is unplug and remove the o2 sensor and take it down the road. yes it will be loud and MAY run a bit funny but if it runs better then your cat is plugged. what this does is allow the exhaust an easier route to exit since it MAY be restricted by the cat

tune up is another good idea to and probably wouldnt hurt either way as mentioned

gl:rockon:

[QUOTE=integranewbie;2115885]easy way to check if cat is the culprit is unplug and remove the o2 sensor and take it down the road. yes it will be loud and MAY run a bit funny but if it runs better then your cat is plugged. what this does is allow the exhaust an easier route to exit since it MAY be restricted by the cat

tune up is another good idea to and probably wouldnt hurt either way as mentioned

gl:rockon:[/QUOTE]

I do not think unplugging the O2 is going to make a deference being how small the hole is. Now he can take the cat off and test it if there is a flange at the front of the cat. Plus the O2 is connected to the cat anyways. Do a tune up and everything else that was posted above.

Why would he clean that when the reasons stated in the thread has nothing to do with power.

Reasons why you should take it apart and cleaning it:
-High idle before your car warms up
-Lumpy idle
-Roaming idle
-Hunting idle
-Fluctuating idle

Um. No. Try doing some research before posting any info.

OP has a 1990. O2 sensor is located on the header manifold, not the cat. :bang:

O shit:bang: My bad spikeymike:angel: I so feel like a dumb ass now. Sorry OP. But still don’t think taking the O2 out is going to help much.

honestly in the situation of a plugged cat youd be surprised at what a difference a 3/4" hole can make. ive done this many times to all years makes and models, to check the cat. now it wont give it OEM power again BUT it would help enough to tell if it is the cat. of course if its still sluggish then obviously its nto the cat.

Yea im not saying you are wrong,i just never seen people do that nor did i know about doing it. But if it will help, go for it.

no offence taken man.

OP keep us updated what you find out

well today on the way back from work the car just stopped moving…i think the clutch is the culprit?? i put it in any gear and take my foot off the clutch and nothing…1st i floor it car wont move…any help???

also i dont think its going in gear at all…tranmsition maybe?

damn that sucks man same thing happened to me awhile ago. mechanic said the tranny had seized up

so you replaced the trans?