1993 Acura Integra Special

I had my first DA in high school. Ever since then I have been coming back to this car and I don’t know why. Actually I do know why, It makes me feel young again! Anyway, I have been searching for a rust free DA for a few months and came across this red GS model in Wisconsin.

I had a chat with some guy who was helping the original owner sell the car. He said it had no rust and was really clean. Though the pic does’t show, it does have a lot of rust all around the body. I was very disappointed in the rust but I did make him an offer which he declined and the car was later sold in the week.

Tired of rusty midwest cars I tried my luck in California. Found this very clean looking 1993 Integra and I had to have it. So I called my brother in-law to check it out for me, sent him money and he bought it.

Here my bro in-law stopped at a rest area for a quick pic.

Man the auto shipping industries is a lag, what a headache to deal with them. Anyway, Shipping Off to the MidWest!

Shipping took place on Thursday and my DA got to me by Monday 2000 miles away.

Immediately washed her and took her to her first Photo Shoot

Rare sunroof Acura Visor

She’s so Special

It feels great to have another DA in my life. This is my 4th one and will be slowly restored to it’s original condition. I have plans to repaint it Frost White and redo the leather seats. Im at the point in life where you appreciate the car as it is, so no aftermarket parts for this one. Hope you enjoy the pics, this thread will slowly be updated as it goes. One question for G2iC, How many Integra Special were produced?? Are they as rare as the Db2??

Found these super rare plastic in the glove compartment. Win!

Good looking car! Is that rust by the emblems though? If it doesn’t need to be repainted I’d keep it the way it is, even slightly worn paint is better than a respray IMO. A good respray is extremely expensive considering the value of these cars and it’s tough to get OEM quality. Plus stripping the car to prepare the car for paint is a lot of work and a big risk considering zero of the trim, moldings, clips…etc are still available. Looks to me like you might be able to get a really good paint correction, do a little paint repair and you should be good to go. Then do the interior you were talking about and fix the exhaust.

That’s great you got those plates with it too! If you don’t want to keep them, LMK.

Good luck with the car, let us know how it comes along :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Colin;2334941]Good looking car! Is that rust by the emblems though? If it doesn’t need to be repainted I’d keep it the way it is, even slightly worn paint is better than a respray IMO. A good respray is extremely expensive considering the value of these cars and it’s tough to get OEM quality. Plus stripping the car to prepare the car for paint is a lot of work and a big risk considering zero of the trim, moldings, clips…etc are still available. Looks to me like you might be able to get a really good paint correction, do a little paint repair and you should be good to go. Then do the interior you were talking about and fix the exhaust.

That’s great you got those plates with it too! If you don’t want to keep them, LMK.

Good luck with the car, let us know how it comes along :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks… Yes that is surface rust by the emblem. I think a good buff, fix some rock chips and paint work by the rust would be the best route. Thanks for the idea. It’s all original paint too! I have to keep those plate plastics and will put them on once I have the paint polished. The muffler will get repositioned. Looks like it’s missing a rubber mount.

Congratulations! That’s a beautiful Integra and I’m glad you’re planning on keeping it stock and restoring it to showroom shape. Looks like it’s already been well kept throughout its life. Keep us updated on the progress!

Thanks -4cruizn

Congrats this thing is sweet, I’ve been staring at the all OEM engine bay for a few minutes. I dig it.

thanks I’m keeping it that way, you don’t see it much anymore

That car is in amazing condition, nice find! Your engine bay is spotless, and the leather seat is the only giveaway that 23 years have passed. How many miles on her?

155k miles which I think is low for this year. Interior fell victim to California sun lol.

Definitely nice pickup, i would try to track down some cloth db2 seats since the ls special is pretty much a db2 without the motor

There was a set of db2 seats a while ago here in the bay area let me find out if its still at CL.

I’m fine with the leather. Would redo the seats to keep it in Special specs. Besides I located in MN.