1993 Integra GS-R

Saw this on Craigslist. Thinking about purchasing. Want to see if it’s worth 3500. What do you guys think?

(Craigslist Posting )

1993 integra GSR - 3500

155k miles still has numbers matching engine (b17a1) and trans

Interior is 9/10 few minor stains,missing a speaker cover

Exterior is %100 rust free but needs some work 7/10 minor hail damage random dings and dents but it’s complete and original still has the rear gsr badge and vtec moldings on sides

Engine is all original exept the intake I lost it so it has a no name cold air
T-belt/water pump cam crank seals full tune up were done @138k
A/C still blows cold
Power steering is still functional

Has been lowered on eiboch spring and tokicko struts
Custom painted very clean set of fat fives with new tires 205/55 r15 and rear and 195/55 r15 in front
Still have the oem 14 inch wheels with 3 good tires

-------WHAT IT NEEDS---------
All motor mounts are ripped out
Both cv axles are blown
Abs motor randomly makes noise
Idles at like 3-4k until warmed up
Both window switches quit working
Original steering wheel has been replaced with a 88-91 civic wheel so no horn or cruze control
----no garentee on emissions----

This car is very rare if you love Hondas then you know what it is.
I have owned it since 2007 and it hasn’t been drivin since 2009 geting out of the honda game
$3500.00
Call/text for more info
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY WITH CASH IN HAND

Original Craigslist link

1993 integra GSR
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5690266324.html

Hard to tell from the pics, but my guess would be no. A similar car with good paint and none of those issues mentioned would likely be worth $4500-6500. If you paid $3500 then you’d have $1000-3000 to fix it up and IMO that’s not enough to bring it up to the quality of one that’s worth that range I quoted. Of course that math isn’t always a good way to “value” a car - but it is a good way to figure out how underwater you’d be if you bought it and fixed it up.

Really it depends on how picky you are about condition, what you plan to do with the car, how much more money you want to invest…etc. Personally I’d be looking for something with clean paint and interior - those are the hard to find items. Blown motor, bad suspension…etc would not be something I’d be worrying about personally since all that stuff is easy to fix/replace. Remember that if you buy a car that needs paint it’s expensive to do a good paint job. Doing it right means removing all trim/moldings and unfortunately all of those parts are discontinued - and to top it off most are difficult to remove without damaging them at least somewhat. I recently stripped my DB2 for paint and it was a laborious process. I got most of the parts off OK but the moment of truth will be how well things go back together when I get it back from the body shop.

yikes on the price… especially considering where you keep it tells the car is not cared for at all… i probably would offer you $1500 at max with all the issues

Not my car. Was thinking about buying it but not for that price. Just wanted some input from fellow enthusiasts.

Wow, nice, I wish I knew of your sell before I purchased my damaged theft recover teal green GSR. That is a hella good price being what it is