2 step

I know this particular post was from almost a year ago, but this shit made me laugh. I hope it was intentionally funny.

agreed… “VTEC HITS SO HARD”… . its so annoying to hear ppl say that lol… it doesnt mean anything… its suppose to be a smooth crossover… thats how honda intended it to be… give the engine a little boost. vtec hitting hard just means you’re engine has no power till it gets to 5800 or whatever… and thats kinda sad

i prefer my VTEC down-low to help spool the turbo. (if i had either, that is lol)

Reminded me of this top ten annoying car owners list:
#7 is Honda Civic SI owners:

“Yo, check it. You feel that? No? Hold up, lemme do it again. Now? That’s that VTEC, dude! Yo how about these lights, man? I wired that up myself. Fresh as hell. Yeah, and I got those sweet new springs on there, dropped like, two inches. Hella flush. Tight. Rollin’ on Roti 18s, man. You don’t even know. See my wing out the rearview? Nah, that is the wing. It blocks the mirror, dude. That’s legit imitation carbon fiber, son.”

[QUOTE=BLKACK1;2187720]you guys are getting the anti lag and 2 step confussed

2 step is so you dont have to feather the throttle to find the right rpm that dosnt bog the motor and dosnt roast the tires. 2 step just cuts the fuel/ignition at the set rpm so the motor cant keep increasing the revs.

Anti lag is almost the same thing but alot more advance. instead of cutting the ignition. it extreamly delays it which allows fuel to ignite in the header and turbine, which is how you able to build boost at a standstill. there is also a 2 step incorperated into this as well to prevent the same situation above[/QUOTE]

To put it simpily, Anti lag is a two step that retards the timing! The timing can be programed in with the two step in UberData and you program a richer fuel curve while in two step mode. I have done this on my GSR swap with t3/t4 DA. It helps a lot. I can build boost in the staging lanes at around 3k rpms and launch smooth off the line. If done properly, there is no lag at all.

I agree. I have my crossover set at 3200.