2 step

can anyone fill me in about what is 2 step and how would i be able to get it?

if you dont know what it is why would you want it?

2 step is basically a lauch control…you can set at any rpm you want and when your clutch is engaged cuts off at the rpm you set …its a setting chrome has…good for all motor . its not a good option for turbo just becuase it doesnt built boost…

i never said i wanted it, i was asking what it was and how would i be able to get it. i just wanted to get some information.

thanks acuralover.

just to be more clear its not only a chrome setting, im pretty sure the whole “2 step” comes from msd, some of their ignition systems have the launch control built in you change the launch rpm with little plugs they sell, just swap out the plug and using a momentary switch usually mounted on the shifter you activate the system hold the pedal down and when you launch release the button which gives you a “perfect” launch each and every time.

being able to change the rpm allows you to fine tune your launch and get the consistency needed.

Dam dude I gotta get me one of those lol

yeah they pretty nice

I love 2 step cant wait to get it on my DA my friend has it on his poormans type r vtec hits so damn hard

when i got my ecu from phearable.com i could add 2step to it.i have it set at 4200 i think on my b16 set up. it sounds good. i havent accually tried it yet since my compition clutch requirs 500 mile for break in.

yeah 2 step is a sweet sweet thing, its sick to hear your car bouncing off the “rev limiter” slip the clutch and let go of the button and off you go, it just takes the complication out of launching cause you don’t have to hold the rpms steady on your own you can concentrate on driving

i dont have a button. if the car is not moving all i do is put the pedal to the floor and it bounces at 4100-4200 and i just let go of the clutch and i can take it all the way to redline. it was just programed in the ecu from phearable

How do you like your phearable chip? I have been looking at it as something for just now but Im a little hesatant.

i dont mind it. its nice cause if i want a diffrent set up or if im going boosted i just have them send me a new chip with a new basmap for 35.00 dollars.

I might just have to try it then. Is it a good noticable gain with the base map?

well in that case what they did is probably wire your clutch sensor as the 2 step switch or added another one in, but either way that works too, and yeah any company that will send you a new basemap chip is nice, i’ve chipped a few ecu’s and its always a nice improvement.

The way the 2-step works on a Phearable chip is through your VehicleSpeedSensor… When you’re at a stand still (0 MPH) and put the pedal to the floor, it activates the 2-step.

It is an option in Neptune, Crome, Hondata, etc. But in Neptune/Hondata you chose where you want the 2-step. Rev to where you want… then floor it, and it holds the RPM where you want it.

With the Phearable setup, it is set to a precise RPM and you cant change it unless you get another chip for another RPM spec.

Incorrect, it builds boost. I use it on my S300 and I launch with full boost.

it does both… launch control and build boost… so its not incorrect

ok Ive seen alote of people with 2step setups on youtube and its mostly turbo cars. look under 2 step launch.

you guys are getting the anti lag and 2 step confussed

2 step is so you dont have to feather the throttle to find the right rpm that dosnt bog the motor and dosnt roast the tires. 2 step just cuts the fuel/ignition at the set rpm so the motor cant keep increasing the revs.

Anti lag is almost the same thing but alot more advance. instead of cutting the ignition. it extreamly delays it which allows fuel to ignite in the header and turbine, which is how you able to build boost at a standstill. there is also a 2 step incorperated into this as well to prevent the same situation above