2001 GSR Seats

I require some assistance… I have a set of 2001 GSR Seats, and I plan on installing them into a G2 teg. Could someone offer me some assistance as how I can do this, because from a quick glance at the rails, it looks like even swaping rails is impossible. Thanks a million! Please send info to crxdan@rogers.com. Thanks…

I would just try to put in the GSR rails and if they don’t bolt up where the DA rails do you can either say screw it or drill yourself new mounting holes. Just don’t drill through any important lines or anything.

Mike

Originally posted by acuracy90
[B]I would just try to put in the GSR rails and if they don’t bolt up where the DA rails do you can either say screw it or drill yourself new mounting holes. Just don’t drill through any important lines or anything.

Mike [/B]

That’s just the problem. My first option was quickly dismissed upon close examination of the rails. The DA rails don’t bolt up to the same location as the GSR rails, thus making the transfer impossible. Unless I get some custom brakets manufacturered, a route I don’t want to take.

I’m considering the second option which is as you’ve mentioned, to drill new mounting holes, and go from there. For that, I know a particular body shop that has done it before, so I think I’m going to go and get a quote from them.

I was just hoping that there might be a third option, which I haven’t thought of yet. Perhaps someone else has? :slight_smile:

Dan

Originally posted by Gino Dan
[B]That’s just the problem. My first option was quickly dismissed upon close examination of the rails. The DA rails don’t bolt up to the same location as the GSR rails, thus making the transfer impossible. Unless I get some custom brakets manufacturered, a route I don’t want to take.

I’m considering the second option which is as you’ve mentioned, to drill new mounting holes, and go from there. For that, I know a particular body shop that has done it before, so I think I’m going to go and get a quote from them.

I was just hoping that there might be a third option, which I haven’t thought of yet. Perhaps someone else has? :slight_smile:

Dan [/B]

The end result? Option #2. Took the seats to a local body shop (I know the owner), and he made some custom brackets, which he welded onto the G3 rails, and the seats just bolt right down on the G2 frame. The rear portion of the G3 sliders had to be slightly modified, but nothing as major as the front.

Seats are in, and I love em. Nice and confy…

Dan

how much did it cost you for the brackets?