2DR To 4DR Handle Installation.

This write would be on how to install the 4 door handle’s on to a 2 door.

** This would be my first write up **

First you want to start off by taking of the door panel.

There’s a screw you need to remove from the handle you use to close the door shut with.

There’s a plastic screw you need to remove from the panel on the top corner below the inner mirror cover.

There’s a clip you need to remove from the window cank handle. I suggest using a flat head.

This is the clip I’m talking about.

Just go ahead pull the window crank handle towards you.

Go ahead and pop out the door handle you use to shut the door with.

Remove the speaker grill(s) There’s a grove on the bottom you could pull/pop them out with. Once you remove the speaker grill’s, you could go ahead and pull the door panel off. Best way is to start from the bottom and pull towards you.

This is the door handle’s compare next to each other. The top is the 2 door handle and the bottom is 4 doorhandle.

You need to drill out this rivet.

Side view of the 4 door handle.

Rivet almost drilled out.

Once you drill out the rivet go ahead and remove the bracket and spring from the 4 door handle.

Now you want to drill our a hole big enough to fit the door handle link. BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO DRILL A HOLE TO BIG CAUSE THIS WILL WEAKEN THE HANDLE AND WILL BRAKE. SOME HAVE USE SOME TYPE OF J.B. WELD OR SO TO MAKE IT STRONGER.

The 2 door handle you will be removing from the door.

Say good bye to that ugly key hole.

I removed the inner window belt molding, it will help you later down the installation for more room to pull the window so you could unbolt the handle.

The inner belt molding removed.

You need to remove these 3 bolts off to take out the lock assembly.

Make sure you clear this opening, I’m not sure on other vehichles with OEM power door locks but I had aftermarket door lock actuators installed. If so go ahead and remove to clear it out of the way.

There are 2 bolts you need to remove so the handle is able to come out. (EXTREME FUN) especially if you have big hands. I suggest you mask your door around the handle so you don’t scratch it.

You need to open that clip up so it release the door lock link.

This is what it looks like once the handle is removed from the door lock link.

A view of the lock assembly from the inside of the door.

Another view of the lock assembly. You see that white circle clip, well that’s the one that goes up to the door handle on to the lock cylinder. I removed that one.

The link once its removed. I removed it for the reason if rattles or it gets stuck on something when I lower the window or so.

Go ahead and run the the link through the whole you made earlier.

I used a small zip tie to secure the link on to the door handle. You must find a way to secure this, or I’ll keep on falling off.

Once you secure the handle. Go ahead and install the handle back on and install everything back how it was.

And your finished. Repeat for the other side.

Thanks for looking, Enjoy.

[SIZE=6] Instagram BigHead_805 [/SIZE]

I want pictures…haahaah

BUMP

Added Pictures. Sorry for the lag fellas.

You got your pictures.

Thanks man. Don’t ever delete them :slight_smile:

I wont dude, I had trouble at first but my boy Jose (Aftermath1312) gaved me a important pointer or else I would of been screwed.

Nobody has posted a write up about this, so I decided to do so.

Nice write up. I did it a little different installing mine. I left the metal bracket on and drilled a hole in that and bent it a little to fit. I will see if I can find pics of my install. Great job on the install.

Thanks, I would like to see pics of your install.

What’s your email? I can’t post pics from my phone. I only have a couple pics of one installed. It’s the passenger side. The weird thing about doing it the way I did is that the handles are flip flopped. Drivers on passenger door and passenger on drivers door. Only need to drill one hole and it uses all the factory stuff.

Fgq4- Did you drilled on the metal bracket or on the plastic part? If its Was on te metal piece it would be nice since it will be stronger than the plastic area. Won’t break so easily. Would like to see pictures as well. If you don’t mind email them to me too. :slight_smile: aftermath1312@yahoo.com

Thanks.

I emailed you guys. I forgot to add that I drilled the metal part. Pics will show that but I thought I would post it here too. And that’s the passenger door.