3rd gear grind?

I notice when I hit the top of my shift knob while in my car I can hear the clutch cable I believe make a sound. It’s like hitting the car or something. Could this be the cause of my grinding problem in 3rd or are my synchros gone? Any ideas?

it is a tranny prob… could be linkage or a mesh prob… the reason you think your grinding is from the clutch is because the tranny is up front next to the clutch… since you say that you hit the top of the shift knob and it grinds while in gear… i would say that it is a linkage prob from the knob to the tranny… you can get a whole linkage kit from acura for about 200… and that’s here in cali $$$$$$$$ out here. so try that… or better yet… grab a buddy… put that sucker on a lift… have him get under the car and make the car make the noise… have him tell ya where it is comming from. email me with anymore ?'s ok.

grinding 3rd (b16a)

i have a problem too about my 3rd gear grinding…when i’m punching at high rpms on 2nd then i shift to third it slightly grinds…even if i shifted slow from 2nd to 3rd on high rpms it still grinds…it sucks real bad man…but hope you get your stuff fixed man…late. :burnout: