4-1 Header

all B-series header 4-1 it same all fits?

the top portion where it mounts to the head is the same. the length of the downpipe depends on the year of the bseries it is suppose to fit. basically 92+ headers are shorter in length. 91- are longer by a few inches.

also depending on what u are putting this on… u might have an issue of it hanging too low… making it more susceptible to scrapes/scratches/dents.

what abt 1994 gsr 4-1 header?

it would fit my car’s motor?

[QUOTE=Dr79Rc;2038840]what abt 1994 gsr 4-1 header?

it would fit my car’s motor?[/QUOTE]

ive got a 4-1 header that was originally for a 94+ GS-R, at stock height the lowest point of the header is 4" from the ground, and you can see it from the front of the car, lol

umm… it should fit, but whether or not you’ll need to notch ur crossmember is something that you’ll have to see for yourself. there are only a few 4-1 headers that clear the crossmember. either notching… hammering… or a traction bar will be needed to fit the headers.

i dunno which header u plan on getting so yeah. just cuz its for a gsr isn’t specific enough. year its meant for and manufacturer depict whether its gonna fit or not.

so with this crossmember issue if the stock crossmember is removed will a subframe brace substitute and can a brace still be used with or without the crossmember and the 4-1

subframe brace? they made them for da’s? i don’t think u are understanding me tho. u NEED TO either notch the stock crossmember or hammer it to make space for where it shall contact. if decide to go with an aftermarket traction bar… that can solve ur issues, but obviously it costs more money. there are certain 4-1 headers out there that do clear the stock crossmember. u just have to search and figure out which one that is.

ok i got what your saying the exact position of the crossmember ill have to check on the car and get a visual exactly.

on the brace they make on for the DA’s just an example ebay has combos with strut bars front and rear braces and c pillar brace.

maybe what i know as a subframe brace might actually be known as something else. also i am new to the honda acura world so getting to know this specific car yet.

[QUOTE=integranewbie;2039007]ok i got what your saying the exact position of the crossmember ill have to check on the car and get a visual exactly.

on the brace they make on for the DA’s just an example ebay has combos with strut bars front and rear braces and c pillar brace.

maybe what i know as a subframe brace might actually be known as something else. also i am new to the honda acura world so getting to know this specific car yet.[/QUOTE]

yea those are strut tower bars. thats on the top of the engine bay… the crossmember is at the bottom.

i sent ya an email as to keep this thread on topic. not trying to argue just trying to clarify things.

no worries man. but i replied to ur email.

but yes back on topic.

for those that do not know.

4-1 headers usually give more of a top end gain.
4-2-1 lower end & mid range power gains

Also something to consider is deck height. If you have a b16, and I’m pretty sure b17’s are the same, the deck height is shorter therefore a header made for a b18, like a gsr motor, will hang lower on a b16 because the head will be slightly lower bringing the longer b18 header lower. The same goes for the reverse too but I’m not sure if it’s as much of an issue. If the header is made for a b16 I believe it would be slightly shorter making it possibly rub on the oil pan if put on a b18. I’m not positive on the second scenario but I have heard of issues with the first.

Front cross member clearance is an issue sometime too, especially with our cars. (covered above)

[QUOTE=shimakid12;2039091]Also something to consider is deck height. If you have a b16, and I’m pretty sure b17’s are the same, the deck height is shorter therefore a header made for a b18, like a gsr motor, will have lower because the head will be slightly lower. The same goes for the reverse too but I’m not sure if it’s as much of an issue. If the header is made for a b16 I believe it would be slightly shorter making it possibly rub on the oil pan if put on a b18. I’m not positive on the second scenario but I have heard of issues with the first.

Front cross member clearance is an issue sometime too, especially with our cars. (covered above)[/QUOTE]

yea some headers hug the oil pan very well, some don’t. its more of a difference between manufacturers tho and not whether its for a certain bseries motor.

Yes, this is true, it does vary from company to company how it hugs the pan, or sometimes doesn’t hug it enough. But I’m pretty sure sometimes it is important to note whether it is for a shorter decked b16, or a taller decked b18, for the same reasons. I agree with you though.

what should i get 4-1 or 4-2-1 for header?

Please read post number 11.

Yes read post 11, but also consider what type of engine you are building and what you would prefer out of post 11. I’m sure there are countless threads around honda-tech, and here, and even info through google that could help you decide.

Heres a couple of pages I read into a while ago:
http://bob123e.tripod.com/thegreatheadertest/index.htm
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=10&TopicID=9672&PageMsg=Viewing+Common+Topic

Good luck