"5 Star Shine"

Has anyone tried this stuff?

5 Star Shine

no,
but it is expensive!

how much do they go for?

never heard of it. i would just stick with waxing. then strip the old wax and re-wax. i do it once every two months. i kept my car’s paint in perfect condition…same with a 34 year old oldsmobile. one of the benefits of owning a car is waxing it every so often.notice how all the "customers have brand new vehicles, they don’t say how it does on an old vehicle, and a new vehicle will have a the same factory shine no matter how much you wax it. and, it is a very bad idea to wax a new vehicle…ruins the integrity of the paint.

i honestly don’t see how a product can make your paint shine for so long and protect it. thats just my opinion. no need for flaming.

Originally posted by texnteg
[B]never heard of it. i would just stick with waxing. then strip the old wax and re-wax. i do it once every two months. i kept my car’s paint in perfect condition…same with a 34 year old oldsmobile. one of the benefits of owning a car is waxing it every so often.notice how all the "customers have brand new vehicles, they don’t say how it does on an old vehicle, and a new vehicle will have a the same factory shine no matter how much you wax it. and, it is a very bad idea to wax a new vehicle…ruins the integrity of the paint.

i honestly don’t see how a product can make your paint shine for so long and protect it. thats just my opinion. no need for flaming. [/B]

why is it a bad idea to wax a new vehicle??? every vehicle is going to need to be waxed sooner or later? or are u talking straight off the show room floor? but how the hell would that ruin it’s integrity???

yes, when paint is less then 3 months new. it wears the clearcoat. and it will lessen the life the life of the paint.

Originally posted by texnteg
yes, when paint is less then 3 months new. it wears the clearcoat. and it will lessen the life the life of the paint.

That statement is totally up for discussion. A true wax will not wear the clear coat. If you’re talking about any sort of cleaner wax, then yes… the clearcoat can be worn away at… Other than that, a nice wax only product will only add a protective layer to your paint.

Originally posted by IdntGlwIglisten
That statement is totally up for discussion. A true wax will not wear the clear coat. If you’re talking about any sort of cleaner wax, then yes… the clearcoat can be worn away at… Other than that, a nice wax only product will only add a protective layer to your paint.

Agreed.

:bow: