90-91 manual tranny .. interchangeable?

DON’T TELL ME TO SEARCH EITHER, I DID.

Please someone tell me, I have a 90 Integra, want a new tranny … found one from a 91.

Re: 90-91 manual tranny … interchangeable?

Originally posted by redlineintegra
[B]DON’T TELL ME TO SEARCH EITHER, I DID.

Please someone tell me, I have a 90 Integra, want a new tranny … found one from a 91. [/B]

if you mean the gears within the tranny, then yes they are- now if you mean the tranny itself, you can take that 90 tranny out and replace it with ANY cable transmission that mates to a b series block and use it, but 91 and earlier trannies have different casings than 92 and newer tranny casings , so interchanging gears between those is not possible. the other thing youmight need when changing tranny “styles” is a different clutch i dont think a clutch made for a 91 and older will work with a 92 and newer and vice versa. HTH

ARCHIVETHIS

just remeber that when you buy a clutch… it has to be for that year trans… cuz 90-91 and 92-93 are different… the splines on teh shaft are different

but between 90-91 i am ok for a complete tranny swap right?

Re: 90-91 manual tranny … interchangeable?

found one from a 91.

90 and 91 trannies are interchangable. Make sure it’s a 90 or 91 though.

thank you sir!

oh and :search: sorry i just had to do it hehe

i love it when peeps say “dont tell me to search!!!”

at least that lets us know you tried to find it first- which is how this whole shindig was meant to be used- so thanks for tring dood :up:

:bow:

can’t you mate up a type-r clutch and press plate to a 92-3 ls tranny?

but between 90-91 i am ok for a complete tranny swap right?

U guys rippin it apart ASAP???

Or u takinit somewhere???
Lemme know…I got the next couple days off…Ill swing by and supervise u and Darren :burnout:

CHRIS!!!

I BLEW my tranny too, doing mine here at my house … gimme a shout 604 533 9859.

Ok, one last question:

The wrecker can’t tell me for sure if the tranny he has is a 90-91 or 92-93 … how can I tell? Mine I currently have is an 1990 S1 (which is blown :() … TIA.

92-93 tranny’s will say “YS1” on their barcode sticker - regardless whether or not it’s a GSR short-greared tranny, or an LS longer-geared tranny.

Are you working on it this afternoon? I might pop by.

Yep, gonna be tearing my old one out … feel free to come by Ive! :smiley:

i’m heading out to the body shop around 5, and it’s right by your house. i’ll give you a shout and if you’re still at it i’ll come by…

Steve…U home workino it right now???

Im prolly headin out to ur hood… :lol:

yup … i be out there! … if i don’t answer, i’m in the garage … just come on by or call my home number 530-1245 hehe.

Status report:
Operation tranny removal complete … !!

1 hangup tho … the damn linkage pin will NOT budge … what method do you guys use to remove this? Dan? I am gonna take the whole thing to Honda I think … get a friend of mine to air hammer it out. Any home-methods?

NO NO NO… wait!!! dont take to honda… you needa find a bolt long enough to shove ibn there… oil it up… then get something to shove in there… my car we used a socket

Haha I can get it done at Honda for free, no worries there …

I have an 8mm punch stuck in there right now (what the manual says to use) but it won’t budge much :(.

well i used a small socket… you gotta lube that bitch up… mine was kinda rusty… so it didnt wanna move:gun2: