90-93 DA with ABS strut bars

I forgot to post a picture of mine. i like that it got here two days after i ordered it.

And thanks again djzacktyler for posting this up.

for sure man I posted my pics in the build thread.

had to do a couple tweaks to mine so it would fit right and still allow me to connect all the vacuum lines. namely this fitting. you can carefully twist it off to the side… and I mean CAREFULLY… you don’t want it to crimp or twist free of the housing.

if ya don’t my issue was it started tearing into the bottom of the strut bar.

here’s my finished product

Spoon style bars fit as well:

Here’s an RS*R bar that i have on my DA.

Here’s the rear spoon bar:

And a more updated photo of the bay :smiley:

obviously those cheap ebay parts or anything OBX is garbage and flexes if you stand/jump on it. only wasting your money

i thought people knew not to buy egay garbage anymore

yea i wouldnt ever put a strut bar that has nuts and shit to adjust it, no no no…

anywho where can i find an RSR strut bar? i really like they way that one looks…i dont have abs either :slight_smile:

rsr, spoon, vision technica, skunk2 strut bars, all share the similar design; iirc vision technica makes the spoonsports and rsr bars while skunk2 ripped off the design. But nonetheless, it won’t matter as it’s literally the same thing, just “bragging rights.” These bars all clear the abs system.

For non-abs:
you can look into cusco, DCsports, and passwordjdm for their 3-point mounting bar, explicitspeed performance, and Ben ogle (though I don’t believe he made a fusb, but he made everything else)

-also you can look into EF civics front strut bars as they are the same with our chassis.

the main issue with most of these types of strut bars is that they are all discontinued for DA integras… you will have to search for a second hand bar. the only other one I have seen available was the SKunk 2 bar, but based on the picture I wasn’t 100% it would clear ABS. and at 155 bucks I wasn’t willing to drop that kinda loot to possibly be wrong.

I looked for RSR, and others, and came up empty.

The OBX bar came as a reputable bar, did plenty of research before buying into it… and as far as adjustment nuts and bolts, My DC Sports rear bar has those… are you going to call a DC Sports product crap? Far as I have ever known DC is right up there with Skunk 2. SO take it all for what it is worth… unless you have actually mounted a product or used it personally your opinion is baseless.

Realistically yes the best type of strut bar is a solid bar… aside from the neuspeed and 3 point Bar I haven’t seen many others out there, and those solid bar types will fit non-ABS models only…

Having the bars actually mounted on my ride it is solid and doesn’t flex… and for what it is worth if my 210 pound ass jumped on any strut bar thast wasn’t solid welded steel bar it would probably flex… just sayin…

OFC some are better than others… the point of this post was that I found something hard to find a strut bar that works on ABS model G2s and figured I’d share it with the community…

[QUOTE=AV turn’d DA;2276248]rsr, spoon, vision technica, skunk2 strut bars, all share the similar design; iirc vision technica makes the spoonsports and rsr bars while skunk2 ripped off the design. But nonetheless, it won’t matter as it’s literally the same thing, just “bragging rights.” These bars all clear the abs system.

For non-abs:
you can look into cusco, DCsports, and passwordjdm for their 3-point mounting bar, explicitspeed performance, and Ben ogle (though I don’t believe he made a fusb, but he made everything else)

-also you can look into EF civics front strut bars as they are the same with our chassis.[/QUOTE]

According to passwordjdm, their 3 point bar is compatible with ABS.

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-3-Point-Front-Strut-Tower-Bar-90-93-Integra-Black-Edition-P7599C4.aspx

yep looks like it could be… they definitley left the clearance on the passenger side. when I look to upgrade from what I have… I’ll look at getting this one…

Thanks dlo for pointing this out :slight_smile: