9000 rev limit Qs

OK I am still trying to figure out what I want to do to my motor.
This is what I am going to do so far bore the block 20 over,Eagle rods,Wiesco pistons,Zex street/strip cams,new valvesprings and retainers,port the head,micropolish the crank,ARP bolts,and of course new seals and bearings. Ok my question is rpm related this would be safe a 9000 rpm right? If not what did I leave out? Do I need titaintumn valve springs and retainers? What else would it take to go 9500 to 10,000 rpm.
This is for my B17A
Thanks for any info.

Re: 9000 rev limit Qs

Originally posted by NC-B17A
What else would it take to go 9500 to 10,000 rpm.
This is for my B17A.

why even take a b Series that high? no need for it. well okay Maybe 9500… =) and yes upgrading your valvetrain to rev that high is an absolute must

why even take a b Series that high? no need for it

Well if you use parts that still make power between 9000 and 10,000 its simple,your car will be faster. I know that I need to up grade valvetrain.
This is from ZEX it is the specs on there steel springs kit it does come with Ti retainers.
Superclean chrome silicon wire
0.896" Outside Diameter / 0.600" inside diameter
Installed 50lbs. @ 1.950" / Open 170 lbs @ 1.450"
Spring rate 240 lbs./in.
Coil bind height 1.360"
Single spring coil for both intake and exhaust
760-1 titanium retainer
I know that this would be good to 9000 as far as the valvetrain goes is there any other mod that I would need to go to 9000 if it is what would be needed to go to 10,000 provided the cams will make power up there. Would Ti springs be the next step? Zex lists a Ti spring kit where as the kit I listed has steel springs an Ti retainers.

Crower claims their springs are good up to 10k rpms. Check them out.